Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Touch Number to Call Confusion on Mobile Variant.

On some of my 'websites with variants' (built with Designer Pro 11) in the mobile version, touching the phone number triggers the device to call the number... on others, it does nothing. I'm trying to see what I've done differently on the ones that function correctly but can't seem to see any difference.

www.meatcosales.com

Is there a a tutorial anywhere that explains this? Or a quick 'How-to' would be great . I would have thought that the mobile variant would do this automatically but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I could sure use some help with this one.

Thank you to anyone who can offer insight.
    Last edited by Skybeacon; 16 February 2016 at 08:23 PM. Reason: posted in the wrong area - tried to remove... no luck

Default Touch Number to Call Confusion on Mobile Variant.

On some of my 'websites with variants' (built with Designer Pro 11) in the mobile version, touching the phone number triggers the device to call the number... on others, it does nothing. I'm trying to see what I've done differently on the ones that function correctly but can't seem to see any difference.

www.meatcosales.com

Is there a a tutorial anywhere that explains this? Or a quick 'How-to' would be great . I would have thought that the mobile variant would do this automatically but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I could sure use some help with this one.

Thank you to anyone who can offer insight.

Last edited by Skybeacon; Today at 01:45 PM. Reason: thought id ad a link so people can understand what I'm talking about.

Default Re: Touch Number to Call Confusion on Mobile Variant.

You just need a link to "tel:12345678". If the device is capable of phoning, it will (after confirmation).

http://www.mobilexweb.com/blog/click...obile-browsers

If you want people to use telephone links, you should call attention to them so people think about clicking them.

Default Re: My apologies - posted this in the wrong thread- I've reposted this in the right o

but no quote marks, right Paul?

Default Re: My apologies - posted this in the wrong thread- I've reposted this in the right o

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    but no quote marks, right Paul?
    That's right.

Default Re: Touch Number to Call Confusion on Mobile Variant.

Thank You So Much!!!
    pauland & gwpriester

Works like a charm!
    ...and thank you for responding so quickly to my post. Both of you.