Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is the change/upgrade worth the additional funds?

Good evening all. I've been away for a while using WebPlus 7X. I purchased Xara Web Designer 10 Premium and had it sitting on my computer all the while. Recently, a minister at my church asked If I could build a website that is responsive so that it could be captured on PC, laptop or cell phones. It did not appear that WebPlus 7X could do that and I did not want to build 3 seperate websites. Guess I'm lazy. If I take on the church project I want to be able to build a responsive website. Now, my question is, would I be better off moving up to Web Designer 11 Premium? What major changes does version 11 Premium offer that I don't have on version 10 Premium? I've never used 10 Premium and am ashamed to say so. Does either version offer the ability to do "Backup & Restore" so that I don't lose important files? Finally, is there another version coming out soon? Just wondering if I should wait before upgrading to 11 Premium if there is not a major difference in what I already have. Thanks so much all for any help here.

bob

Default Re: Is the change/upgrade worth the additional funds?

Hi Bob,

If you've not used XWD10 so far, I suggest you stick with it & learn that version first. Both versions can auto-save files at set periods. Usually Xara starts updating around June time, over a 2 month period, if I remember correctly, so learn XWD10 and possibly upgrade to XWD12, if required, on it's release.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Bob

WD 11 Premium is worth the upgrade price. Along with the responsive design feature (this is not automatic, by the way, you design a variant or variants for different size screens and then WD adds a script to feed up the appropriate size for the device), WD 11 Premium has some cool animation effects and mouse over effects. See my review here for more details and more features http://xaraxone.magix.net/WD11/

Gary & I have cross posted here

..... Along with the responsive design feature
    I recall XWD10 has this feature also Gary, or is my memory failing me again?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanbob View Post
    Good evening all. I've been away for a while using WebPlus 7X. I purchased Xara Web Designer 10 Premium and had it sitting on my computer all the while. Recently, a minister at my church asked If I could build a website that is responsive so that it could be captured on PC, laptop or cell phones. It did not appear that WebPlus 7X could do that and I did not want to build 3 seperate websites. Guess I'm lazy. If I take on the church project I want to be able to build a responsive website. Now, my question is, would I be better off moving up to Web Designer 11 Premium? What major changes does version 11 Premium offer that I don't have on version 10 Premium? I've never used 10 Premium and am ashamed to say so. Does either version offer the ability to do "Backup & Restore" so that I don't lose important files? Finally, is there another version coming out soon? Just wondering if I should wait before upgrading to 11 Premium if there is not a major difference in what I already have. Thanks so much all for any help here.

bob
    Hello again all and thank you so much for the great responses. I think I will take Mr. Egg Bramhill's suggestion and use Web Design 10 Premium since it also has the capability of producing responsive websites with the note mentioned by G.W. Priester. I will have to read up on just how to use this feature. Again, thank you all for your great comments and guidance. Who knows, maybe vers WD12 Premium will have the ability to produce "Responsive Sites" in one fell swoop. I sure hope so. The good thing, if I move forward with the church project, I should be able to do any updating of the older files (my version 10 Premium) without problems? Hopefully no problems. Everyone have a great evening. I going to start up Xara 10 Premium and go to work. I'm sure I'll be back with questions. I will read the "Help" manual first.

bob

The good thing, if I move forward with the church project, I should be able to do any updating of the older files (my version 10 Premium) without problems?
    Should'nt be an problem at all
    Egg