Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Find and Replace

When searching and replacing text, you only have the choice of "all pages" or "current text flow." What if you want to change text on ONE PAGE ONLY? The workaround is that you have to apply the change to all pages then cut that new text on the page that you care about, hit UNDO, and delete the old text and past the new text. You can really only do this if you isolate that text on a layer.

You should be able to set the scope of search and replace to "CURRENT PAGE ONLY."

Also, it would be helpful if the Find and Replace window would remember the previous operations with a drop down of previous searches.
    Sheff
    My Site

Default Re: Find and Replace

Quote Originally Posted by Sheff View Post
    When searching and replacing text, you only have the choice of "all pages" or "current text flow." What if you want to change text on ONE PAGE ONLY? The workaround is that you have to apply the change to all pages then cut that new text on the page that you care about, hit UNDO, and delete the old text and past the new text. You can really only do this if you isolate that text on a layer.
    You should be able to set the scope of search and replace to "CURRENT PAGE ONLY."
    Also, it would be helpful if the Find and Replace window would remember the previous operations with a drop down of previous searches.
    Sheff, all sounds sensible.
    Your current workaround seems to overlook the use of the Find next and Replace buttons rather than the Replace all button.

I have "found" all of the Xara applications' search capabilities (text, Design gallery > More... > Find..., Name gallery, On-line Content Catalogue) to be very rudimentary or lacking.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

the find and replace in xara is pretty useless on many levels and i've been ranting about it for years and nothing's been done about it
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

It would be nice to be able to replace a paragraph in stead of just a single word or words. Once you have a second line of text, that's when their search and replace ceases to be effective. My current workaround is to cut and paste between Xara and notepad so that when I'm pasting text content it doesn't apply attributes like font size.
    Sheff
    My Site