Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Must be getting old, can't remember how to do a 2 way linear fade

Sorry for the bother, I've done some searches but can't seem to find the answer (wrong terms?). I need to make a rectangle that has the same linear fade/color at both ends (light in the middle, darker at the ends). There must be a simple way to do this, I just can't seem to find it.
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Must be getting old, can't remember how to do a 2 way linear fade

Just as with the fill tool, you can double click on the fill path arrow to add new control points.

Add a control point in the center set to 0% transparency and make each end 100% transparent.

You can also apply a Linear transparency to one end, Group the rectangle, and then apply a Linear transparency to the other end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	transaprent both ends.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	111793  

Gary,
    Thanks, I can get that to work OK with transparency but not with a linear fill. Should I be able to click on the linear fill arrow and get the same effect without the transparency?

Ah, my bad. I did not read your comment carefully.

Apply a Linear fill then change the Fill Tiling to Repeating. You may need to reverse the colors.

You can also experiment with the Profile settings to change the strength of the fill.

Gary,
    Thanks, I didn't think to have it repeat only 1 time when I tried repeating! That's what I needed.

Jim

Gary,
    Here's what I did with it, updating/redoing my jimhanus.com website. We'll see how it progresses.
    Thanks again for the insight.

Jim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture048.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	111795