Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Here's a funny thing

Hi,
    Gosh that did make a difference.
    Here's the web site, it's the 'Products' page which I used for 'Merlin and the Land of Mists' that is the problem, when I try to change the text as Book 5 will be released soon it just seems to duplicate itself. I've probably made all sorts of mistakes as this is the first time that I have done anything like this.
    When I enquired about having a web site done what I was being shown was so lacking in creativity and 'punch' that I thought that I'd do it myself.
    Thanks again
    Off for the Guinness now!
    Paddy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by paddythewriter View Post
    Hi,
    Gosh that did make a difference.
    Here's the web site, it's the 'Products' page which I used for 'Merlin and the Land of Mists' that is the problem, when I try to change the text as Book 5 will be released soon it just seems to duplicate itself. I've probably made all sorts of mistakes as this is the first time that I have done anything like this.
    When I enquired about having a web site done what I was being shown was so lacking in creativity and 'punch' that I thought that I'd do it myself.
    Thanks again
    Off for the Guinness now!
    Paddy
    Paddy, your Guinness has probably not settled yet.
    The problem is the number of soft-grouped object across Layers, some of which are pop-ups.

The simplest fix is to remove the soft-group; the text is then editable.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi,
    I'm sorry but I don't really understand, could you tell me which soft groups I need to remove?
    Thanks again

Try this:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's a funny thing: your page http://www.pjcormack.com/gallery.htm has a page title called EXTINCTION but the page is about "I Believe in Peter Pan"
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I don't see extinction anymore, but the pages are mixed up. The home page is in the wrong place.

A bit of testing before publishing to the server is required.. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I don't see extinction anymore
    Still there:
    <title>EXTINCTION</title>
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

..Doh, you're right.

Hi,
    I can't thank you all enough for the time and patience that you have given this 'bemused' Irishman.
    It really is so kind of you all and I'll lift a glass or two of the 'black stuff' to you all tonight.
    The page that I am using for 'I Believe in Peter Pan' was originally used for 'Extinction' and now I can't remember how to change the page name.
    I have a number of strong and unique connections to JM Barrie and the Peter Pan story so I felt that I wanted to bring out this book sooner rather than later (I'm not getting any younger myself!) as there is so much still to tell about JMB. I was lucky enough to meet (over 30 years ago) people who knew him very well but who are now all sadly dead - so it's a story that really does needs telling.
    Hopefully I'm a better writer than webmaster - if I'm not then I am in trouble!!!!
    Thanks again everyone

PS
    How do I change 'Extinction' to 'I Believe in Peter Pan', please?
    Thanks