Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Here's a funny thing

Hi,
    I've got a problem with my products page at http://www.pjcormack.com/products.htm.
    When I try to edit the text it immediately replicates itself without the graphics so I get a very long page with repeating text.
    It is only this page as all my other pages edit normally as word processing.
    I must have done something daft to this page but does anyone have an idea what this idiot has done please?
    Thanks

Default Re: Here's a funny thing

Seems fine to me, if a little untidy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screencapture-www-pjcormack-com-products-htm-1454949988751.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	111735  

Hi,
    But it won't let me edit the text on this page. If I try to edit, delete etc any text it duplicates itself immediately below without the graphics.
    It's really strange as all the other pages edit just fine.
    Any suggestions, please?

You'd have to post the XAR or WEB file for us to try to figure out what is going on.

It is possible in XDPX11 to create a Live Copy, even of text (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+C).
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi,
    That sounds hopeful but how do I post the XAR or WEB file here so that you can help this bemused Irishman!

Hi Paddy,

Hit Reply, Click Go Advanced. Scroll down, select Manage Attachments. Browse to your xar/web file. Attach & Post
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi,
    The gods seem to be against me, I tried to upload my WEB file but it is 11 Mb and the forum limit is 10 Mb so it wouldn't allow me to do it.
    Can I upload it as HTML code?
    I'm very grateful for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by paddythewriter View Post
    Hi,
    The gods seem to be against me, I tried to upload my WEB file but it is 11 Mb and the forum limit is 10 Mb so it wouldn't allow me to do it.
    Can I upload it as HTML code?
    I'm very grateful for your help.
    Try optimising your pictures but do so on a copy of your .WEB file so you have a fall-back (Utilities > Optimise all images...).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Or if you use Dropbox, pop a copy in there and supply a link.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host