Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Web Designer Premium activation hickups

Hi!

I have Web Designer Premium installed on two computers, but on one of them the program do not always start. The thing is, I've upgraded that computer with a SSD and didn't deactivate the program before cloning my harddrive over to the new SSD. The program didn't start as it saw my new SSD as a third activation, so I deactivated the program afterwards and it seemed to work - the program started. The day after it didn't, saying that I've maxed out on activations. When I logged in to my account I saw the correct two computers activated, so that was correct. I then contacted support who worked their magic, and the program was starting again. Then it stopped working again...
    Just to test things out I tried restarting my computer after making sure the program didn't feel like opening, and then it's working again!

In some way the program sees my second computer as a third activation when "calling home", but (and this is strange) not always.

Question: If i were to uninstall the program completely from the "hickup-computer" and then reinstall it from scratch - would that count as a prohibited third activation?

All the best
    Phono

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Premium activation hickups

I had a problem like this once. I ended up emailing support and they reset the activations for me.

Already done that, didn't work. But thanks for your reply.
    Last edited by Phono; 05 February 2016 at 07:40 AM. Reason: slippery keyboard!

Reason: slippery keyboard!

..too much information..

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Reason: slippery keyboard!

..too much information..

I don't know if it's relevant but just to say I had this problem constantly and went round the loop of getting Support to deactivate/re-activate several times. I finally figured out that simply plugging my mobile into the USB Port to recharge it was enough to fool the software into thinking I was using a third machine and this was prompting the 'exceeded number of activations' pop-up. Unplugging the phone and re-starting Xara was enough to resolve the problem.

I don't know if plugging in other USB devices causes the same problem but it's worth bearing in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by steve911 View Post
    I don't know if it's relevant but just to say I had this problem constantly and went round the loop of getting Support to deactivate/re-activate several times. I finally figured out that simply plugging my mobile into the USB Port to recharge it was enough to fool the software into thinking I was using a third machine and this was prompting the 'exceeded number of activations' pop-up. Unplugging the phone and re-starting Xara was enough to resolve the problem.

I don't know if plugging in other USB devices causes the same problem but it's worth bearing in mind.
    That's truly bizarre. If that's really the reason, it's crazy and needs a rethink on Xara's part.