Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default ADDING NEW PRODUCT PAGES IN XARA 9

Hi,
    Could someone help me please.
    I need to add another two pages to my 'PRODUCTS' page linking from the buttons.
    The page I want to add to is http://www.pjcormack.com/products.htm.
    I have published 4 books and so used up the tabs that came in the program.
    I want to add 'BOOK 5' and 'BOOK 6' to the vertical menu and linking to new individual pages but haven't got a clue how to do it.
    Any help really would be gratefully received.
    PJ

Default Re: ADDING NEW PRODUCT PAGES IN XARA 9

I moved this thread to the Xara Web Design Forum.

Do you want to add the new product pages under the current Products page?

If so, simply create two new pages. Add your content.

Double click on the Navigation Bar and select the two new pages and delete them. This will only delete them from the Navi Bar.

Click the + next to the PRODUCTS page. Double click where it says to add a new menu item. Name the next sub page and click under No URL Set to navigate to the new page you want to link to.

Repeat these steps to add any other pages.

If it's adding buttons to a NavBar it's very simple:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi,
    Thank you so much for that, it is very kind of you to go to so much trouble for me.
    Sorry to be so thick.

Hi (again),
    I think that I need some more help. I can add new buttons to the top navbar but it won't allow me to add vertical buttons on the web page. I tried as you showed me in the helpful video with the design pages and I could do exactly as you said. I just can't seem to do it on the webpage.
    More help needed for this idiot I think.

The new buttons must be linked in the Navigation Properties menu. Are they?

And can you see the drop down menu when you preview the page/site?

With the vertical menu, can you doouble click it and does the NavBar window open. If not the template you used may not have used the NavBar feature for these vertical buttons. Do you know the name of the Template you've used?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi,
    By some miracle I seem to have managed to get the extra buttons that I needed (still have no idea how I did it!!)
    Thanks again for all your help

I doubt the vertical buttons are a NavBar, just individual buttons, as I noticed different alignments in them.

If you want to create a navbar for these menus, delete all but the top button, then right click over it and select create navbar
    Egg