Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Disappearing text

I seem to be having a battle of wills with the text in this document,
    Imported all the text (as with the help of previous query) and all is well. Putting in some photos to make it "pretty", came to put some captions on the photos and whilst text looks as if it is being typed nothing appears on the screen. Checked colours etc. but still nothing appears. Handles showing a text item and bottom of the screen states 1 text line 11 characters two words. Setting the res slider to zero the text is there to see. The bottom one which is visable was imported from another document and acts normally

Anybody help before I tear out what hair I have left

KenClick image for larger version. 

Name:	text query.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	111662

Default Re: Disappearing text

Ken, not sure what you are describing.

Can you place the text box to the Front?
    Perhaps there is a Repel Text Under setting.

Are you putting it on the same Layer?
    Not a Guide or the Pasteboard?

Can you add text off the page and move it into position?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn sorry for delay in response. The text box can be called to the front but still text is invisible and does not respond to colour or line applications and is only viewable if I reduce the resolution slider. The picture has the repel text added to it and I have tried removing it but no change to the text. There is only one layer and the text is shown in the layer gallery when I open the layer.
    Any text I type either on the pasteboard or the page reacts the same and whilst the cursor moves no type appears(unless res is reduced to wire frame)

I can type something in another xara document and import it and it works perfectly normally. I don't know if this is a result of making the document to have pages added for overflow text(see earlier query)

Not a lot of hair left now

Ken

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Can you post the .xar file for us to take a look at? Another option would be to file a support ticket and attach the .xar to it. Even if the rest of us can't figure it out the Xara developers might be able to determine if there is a bug if they have your .xar file
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.