Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Vector line art brushes

Thanks Frances will use and also digest(not the right word). When did we have the ability to keep a line a vector shape after "converting line to shape"? I know Phil said it was going to happen and the last time I tried it still was a bitmap with handles & nodes. I take it that only happens with the new art brushes from Xara after conversion. I wish they had made more of a noise about this fix when it came out as I still use Illy for my cartoons because of this. Gee thanks for the info and I mean that will save me a bunch of time.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You are quite welcome Larry and Peter

@Peter: the ability to create vector brushes has been there for some time since early Fall I think, One thing though brushes created before the patch will still produce a bitmap. You have to recreate them, and here is another tip you can use a blend or even a contour as long as you convert them to editable shapes before creating your brush. Just keep your blended/contoured objects to the simple rule. I've attached a sample I called Big Softy the .xar file contains both the original blend and the converted editable shapes used as the brush definition. When using blends and contours I recommend keeping the original blend/contour and creating a duplicate to convert to shapes so you can easily go back and edit the blend/contour and create new variations

Edit:some of the brushes that ship with Xara will still produce bitmaps because they are made from bitmaps but a lot of them will be vector like the hair brushes.

I'm going to open a discussion in the Xara graphics chat area as I'm now wondering who else may have missed this feature!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big softy.jpg 
Views:	841 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	111685  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by angelize; 05 February 2016 at 07:35 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Frances, yesterday I downloaded several of your tutorial videos. Thank you so much for them. I still have lots of questions about the new brushes, at least how you control them. Somehow you made a color swatch and used that to color another object, that part I do not understand. Your tutorials are a valuable resource. Keep up the good work.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Larry, if you can tell me which tutorial you are referring to with the colour swatch we can open a new thread and I'll help you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Frances, I don't know what it was. I vaguely recall is was some greens and you drew a leaf and colored it with the greens brush. Does that ring any bells?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.