Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Questions about Web Designer 11 Premium

Before I buy Web Designer 11 Premium, I'd like to ask a few questions about the product.

Does the product have a form designer or the ability to insert form fields other than inserting code?

Is there a file manager where I can access folders for the website : example, pointing Javascript files to a particular folder in the exported website?

Can folders even be created : example, naming a page services/painting.html which will create a services directory for that page?

Thanks for your time.

Default Re: Questions about Web Designer 11 Premium

Willi, welcome to TG.

Give the trial a whirl. It's fully functional but without the templates.

There is no form support at all in Xara software. Xara users embed external forms in the pages using an iFrame.

Welcome to TalkGraphics willi

Web Designer is not an HTML editor. It is a WYSIWYG design program. You put text and graphics on the page where you want it and Web Designer creates the code.

You can add script to the page using placeholders. Placeholders are simple rectangles in which you add code which is then added to the HTML document every time you preview or publish.

There are several form widgets that let you create and add forms.

As Paul suggests, download the free 30-day trial copy and have a look.

Web Designer is not an HTML editor. It is a WYSIWYG design program. You put text and graphics on the page where you want it and Web Designer creates the code.
    Sounds pretty similar to WebPlus, but that offers access to the code, page file names and folders. It also has some nice navigation bars and a button studio to edit the style of buttons and drop down menus.

I have spent 90 minutes with the trial, but the only thing I can see it has on WebPlus is the adaptive method to create a mobile variant.

Thanks.

Always good to compare. I'm not sure about WebPlus but you get a lot of community support here.