Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XARA 11 Pro POPUP ERRORS !

Does anyone have an idea what causes these errors,

Failed to read XAR file(Failed to handle record 84757 48).
    Failed to read XAR file(Failed to handle record 54544 48).

I submitted a ticket to Xara asking what they are but they did not say, instead they asked me to send the file to them to see if they can recover it but because of the protected content on the file i simply did not and thought i ask the forum.

I am running Xara 11 Pro in Win 7 Pro under Parallels.

As always, your feedback will be much much appreciated.

Thank you.

Default Re: XARA 11 Pro POPUP ERRORS !

The two remaining routes could be: File > Open recent > Backups... and use a file that precedes the fault; download Expand.xar, a utility that might recover your corrupt data or at least open the file, http://www.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: XARA 11 Pro POPUP ERRORS !

Thanks Acon, I have my backups saving at 10 min intervals and for some reason i can not even open some of these however, i suspect the issue has something to do with layer contents particularly graphics. I came to realize that the more layers i have per page the more this happens. Meanwhile i gave up and will take some time to look at it again.

Danke