Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have a mpeg movie file that I want to use as part of my intro. I tried importing it into my Flash 5 project, but my only option was to import a .mov file. Is it possible to use the mpeg and if not then is it possible to convert the mpeg to .mov? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    IP

I have a mpeg movie file that I want to use as part of my intro. I tried importing it into my Flash 5 project, but my only option was to import a .mov file. Is it possible to use the mpeg and if not then is it possible to convert the mpeg to .mov? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    IP

You can't add an mpeg as-is. In the newest version of Flash (MX), there is a video format that Flash can produce which will embed inside a flash movie.
    That will need the Flash v6 player in the browser though.
    IP

Along with the previous post, I also recommend purchasing a copy of Sorensen Sqeeze. The default method that Flash MX uses to import video is great but it only compresses the video to it's average frame size. Sorensen Sqeeze compresses each individual frame making it a much smaller file size in most cases. I use it, and have compared it. It's night and day.

Good luck,

Scott
    IP