Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How can I get Xara websites to print properly?

Laurie, it's an easy way to make a pdf which can be downloaded or viewed online.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I think Albacore's suggestion to make a printer friendly version is a good solution; just need to figure out how to create a printer friendly version.
    I think the important thing here is you've been hired to create a website, for display on computer screen, tablet or mobile. It's important you clarify to your client that websites by default don't and are not designed to be be restricted to an A4 piece of paper.

So if they require a printable document or page via pdf, this is outside the website design remit. There is additional work for yourself, a lot in fact. Also as a visitor I'd be a bit miffed to print a screenshot of your site that contains large areas of single coloured backgrounds. Inkjet colour cartridges aren't cheap and whilst 96dpi images might look okay on a monitor they can look pretty crap when printed on an A4 printer.

So, there's no easy way to create a 'printer friendly' version without a good deal of additional work by yourself.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I gave a suggestion but I agree with Egg on this, it seems an odd request and I can't see any situation where a large percentage of a site's visitors would have the need to print the whole website.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Excellent point. We will advise the client. Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    I gave a suggestion but I agree with Egg on this, it seems an odd request and I can't see any situation where a large percentage of a site's visitors would have the need to print the whole website.
    Thanks!