Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how do I turn off images that repeat without deleting them

I am trying to keep a group of images or a single image for that matter, on a page from a purchased theme; right where it is on page one but I want to remove it from all the other pages.
    I don't want it to repeat. Is there a way to un-click it, turn it off, or make it(the repeating part) go away without deleting the images and re adding it?

Put another way, we can turn on repeat-ability for an image with a single click, can we also un-click that repeat-ability with another click?

Default Re: how do I turn off images that repeat without deleting them

The simplest is right click on the repeating object and select Stop updating.
    You then have the joy of deleting from all the pages you don't want it.

What I would do is Stop updating. Then copy one set of objects.
    Undo back to be beginning then right-click Delete repeating object and click the Delete from all pages button.
    Then Paste in place.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. By coincidence I was looking for exactly the same thing, and when I saw the question posted, I waited. In my case, there are several photos that repeat, and my wife wants different images on each page, so re-pasting on each page should do the trick.

John

Thank you for the quick response Acorn! I will be trying it.
    Okay, right away I have a different issue, I can't seem to get the second page of the new theme to load quite right. I opened the first page in the theme packet, called "website" and it loads the one page. But just one. I don't have the entire web site loaded by pages but I can edit another page by clicking on the '+' TAB next to the title and dragging one into the blank page that comes up. When I change an image that I do want to repeat on the first page, it doesn't show the change when I load another page onto the art board.
    How do I load the next pages- Contact, Catalog, About, Etc. and be able to work on them as though they were a cohesive website? Do I need to load all the individual pages first then start working on them one at a time? I upgraded from Web Design 7 and don't remember it being this tough to get a web theme done.

Quote Originally Posted by Super K View Post
    Thank you for the quick response Acorn! I will be trying it.
    Okay, right away I have a different issue, I can't seem to get the second page of the new theme to load quite right. I opened the first page in the theme packet, called "website" and it loads the one page. But just one. I don't have the entire web site loaded by pages but I can edit another page by clicking on the '+' TAB next to the title and dragging one into the blank page that comes up. When I change an image that I do want to repeat on the first page, it doesn't show the change when I load another page onto the art board.
    How do I load the next pages- Contact, Catalog, About, Etc. and be able to work on them as though they were a cohesive website? Do I need to load all the individual pages first then start working on them one at a time? I upgraded from Web Design 7 and don't remember it being this tough to get a web theme done.
    Well, the application ought not do what you are describing.
    Open it with no files open. Go to the Design gallery, chose a Theme and double-click on the Website view.
    All the pages for this Theme should download.
    You check this by opening the Page and Layer Gallery to confirm.

Perhaps, you are only seeing one page as you have not selected Multiple Page View?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat