Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Publishing a 1 page change to website

Problem I have. Computer went south, had to reinstall everything. Now I need to change 1 page of website but no matter what I do I cannot,
    1) download page I want to change, ( I did download site with Filezilla)
    2) I have recreated page but how do I get it back to site,
    3) when site was designed all my pages showed on right side now they won't even if I open them in Xara,
    4) when trying to publish Xara will only republish index and not my corrected page.
    I need someone's help on this. Running design 11 premium on windows 10
    thanks
    david

Default Re: Publishing a 1 page change to website

Do you have a backup of the .web file of the original site?

I did have one but it went south with computer and cannot recover it.

You will need to bite the bullet and rebuild the site.

You may be able to edit the HTML document and upload it again but that's the best you can do. You can change the text but anything other than this will require a lot of editing.

On the other hand, on the every cloud has a silver lining, why not rebuild the site and make it better and make all those changes you were putting off making?

I have rebuilt the site but it won't publish except for the index page.

You might need to delete everything in the upload folder and republish.
    Don't forget to refresh the page since the browser might be showing what's in the cache.

I don't have an idea where the "Upload" folder is.
    When I first installed I just went over to website themes and started modifying one of those, my site was viewable there all the time. When I had site finished I uploaded to website. Anytime I went into Xara my website was there. Computer crashed. Nothing works like it did. I just recreated website same way and when publish it ONLY publishes the index. I just need to change 1 page and upload it. Xara won't let me just upload the 1 page. I have went to server and completely deleted my site and then reuploaded it. Index shows as well as all other pages EXCEPT for the page I need to change.
    http://grandjunctiontn.com/events is the page that won't display properly.
    Thanks

By upload folder, I meant the folder on the host server. You said you already deleted and reuploaded the site.
    The only reason I can think of that the page isn't changing is if your browser is showing a cached page.
    Right-click the tab the page is on and keep refreshing/reloading it, or see what it looks like in a different browser.
    Otherwise, we'll need to wait for others that are much more knowledgeable than I am.

yes I have emptied the folder on the server, reuped the site to the folder and went to the server to view files uploaded. Only files there are the index folder and index_htm_files that has all the graphics for the index page. I have refreshed cache several times.
    I can't see why Xara won't upload the whole site or even one page.

Thanks Anyway. I'm just getting dissatisfied with going to Xara for my website design I do over 20 sites.

What template are you using?
    Some sites are only 1 "page" with different sections.