Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Footer does not stay at bottom of page

I am having severe problems with my Xara Designer Pro 11-created site at www.elmeriselersingers.com. I just went through every page on the site and adjusted the footer location on each page. But when trying to make changes to the site, I find that the brown footer often ends up above or below the intended location (see Screen Shot 93.4 KB). Also the white page background sometimes – but not always - grows beyond where it is supposed to be (Screen Shot2 – 97.6 KB). And some pages don’t change at all and are fine.

I had one version of the site all ready to go, properly formatted, but then made changes to the Home page and many of the footers on the other pages went either up or down from their proper position on the bottom of the page.

Here is a link to the full program [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yd4tss0f54mue1/EIS_28Jan2016brown.xar?dl=0"].

Your help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Peter Hobbs
    peter@veritygraphics.com
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Footer does not stay at bottom of page

I have not idea why this is happening. Maybe one of the more savvy members will be able to see what is causing this to happen. I did notice on one very small page that your footer was in the center of the page and the dashed bottom of page line was in the center of the page right under the footer. But this is not consistent so something else must be causing this.

Many of your pages within the xar file have the page size locked. You can determine this due to the lack of the light blue dotted line marking the bottom of the page marker.

Often, Utilities / Options / Page Size has the option Lock Page Size checked to 1397 px. Uncheck this! You can determine which pages have the Locked set, as you don't see the dotted line marking the page bottom.

Also many of your pages have lost their Pasteboard Background layers. Some pages also have footers on Mouse Off and Mouse Over layers.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks so much for your marvelous help! I think I've now fixed almost everything. But I have 2 questions:
    1. How do I add a Pagebackground to a page that doesn't have one (and several of mine don't). I tried to copy and paste one from another page but it wouldn't do it.
    2. Why would a page get given a fixed height? I certainly don't remember setting one, but (as you pointed out) several of my pages did have a fixed height. But just now I looked at a couple of my pages that still do have the height locked. Whan I unlock the page, the page background grew in both width and height. I had to manually reduce the background to fit the width of the footer. Weird!

Thanks. Peter