Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Smartshape with pic

Hi all, me again. Problems are like buses none for a week then they all come together.

The New smart shape text box with picture looked ok but am having a hell of a job changing the photo. I have tried the right click/open smart shape which isolates the picture for editing but attempts to change it with another meet with very limited success.Filling from the bitmap gallery is partly acceptable but clicking and pasting to replace image meets with a serious error message and a system crash.

Anybody have any knowledge of this little blighter?

Ken

Default Re: Smartshape with pic

Convert to Editable Shapes. Then the smart shape becomes just an ordinary shape.

Well, I've tried every method I can think of to add a picture to the Photo Text Panel and all work.

Bitmap fill replacement.
    Drag and drop from Fill and Bitmap Galleries.
    Drag and drop from Explorer file.

No need to change to a Shape.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

My goodness that was quick. I can see you are avoiding Coronation St Acorn and Gary must be having lunch. Gary I would like to keep it as a smart shape so changing the pic is all I want to do.

Acorn it must be me. I reloaded XDP11 twice and the error seems to have gone away.Threw me a bit when I had the pic I wanted in the gallery which of course disappeared when I went into the smart shape to edit (which has its own gallery) it but eventually found it and it seems all ok now and working fingers crossed

Cheers again

Ken

What, Ken? I've missed Corrie!
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat