Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: IFrame in Placeholder affects page content and rendering.

Thanks - the placeholder now displays in the correct position. I had just cut and pasted the code the software support people provided. It seems to me that placeholders and display of code and scripts is a bit of a hit and miss process in Xara. In some instances the size of the placeholder container had no bearing on the actual size of the content, other times it is a variable. Adjusting width and length parameters of code creates random results, sometimes it fits and what I preview is what I see in a browser, other times what the browser shows is different. To make it more infuriating, different Iframe code inserted in two identical pages renders differently on a mobile device. Is it a Xara thing or Iframe code in general. Do people using products like WordPress and Jooomla have the same issues?

Default Re: IFrame in Placeholder affects page content and rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    Thanks - the placeholder now displays in the correct position. I had just cut and pasted the code the software support people provided. It seems to me that placeholders and display of code and scripts is a bit of a hit and miss process in Xara. In some instances the size of the placeholder container had no bearing on the actual size of the content, other times it is a variable. Adjusting width and length parameters of code creates random results, sometimes it fits and what I preview is what I see in a browser, other times what the browser shows is different. To make it more infuriating, different Iframe code inserted in two identical pages renders differently on a mobile device. Is it a Xara thing or Iframe code in general. Do people using products like WordPress and Jooomla have the same issues?
    Such failings are usually down to the person inserting snippets and not understanding the fact that the page's behaviour is being totally changed. Had you done the same with anyHTML editor, you would have failed the page's rendition. It is not a "Xara thing"; Xara provides relatively robust code across the major browser families and formats without exposing the designer to HTML vagaries.

Widths are usually sorted by setting the parameter to 100% or auto or whatever IFRAME parameters allow - do not rely on a snippet of code working everywhere without proper testing.

Dimisit coder cave,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat