Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Websites loading slightly to the right

OK so I tried creating a brand new site and I copied and pasted every element one by one and exported it locally after each addition. Everything was absolutely fine until I created a website variant for mobile devices. Immediately after that the main webpage started loading to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    The smooth jazz page also has something ODD happening with the text in my OPERA browser (that's the only one I've opened it in though).
    Yes I get that too. No idea why.

Hi Jimi, this might be something to do with your problem, or nothing to do with it at all. It's a ramble & I don't profess to understand the meaning whatsoever, hopefully if another member does, they can comment further

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg. I think I can clear up the last bit. You were searching for "index.htm" when I actually named the page "index.html". Old habits die hard I guess.

As for the code irregularity, I can't explain that either. I have other sites with the same problem that don't have that so I don't think that's necessarily an issue.

The only thing I can narrow it down to is the addition of a mobile variant. Once that gets added, the jump to the right starts.

Have you tried deleting the index_html_file folder and doing a fresh publish?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I use Firefox with NoScript and the absolutechillout site loads up shifted to the right with a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom. I also notice that the "Play in your own player" button responds to mouseover by fading in and out, but the "Play in popout player" button does not respond at all. When I allow Javascript the page instantly centres and both buttons respond to mouseover, though the "popout" one snaps in and out, and the "own player" one still fades in and out which is inconsistent design - just saying. I'm wondering how wide your placeholders are and that maybe one or both are hanging off the left-hand side of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Have you tried deleting the index_html_file folder and doing a fresh publish?
    I deleted the original and then remade the entire site from one of the Xara templates (deleted the template content and pasted in the elements from Absolute Chillout). Makes no difference. Still loads to the right.

Jaydear, yes the popout player link is a placeholder because it uses javascript. The other link is a straightforward mouseover. I set the image properties to "Instant" in an effort to stop the mouseover fading in. It didn't make any difference. Still fades in every time. I have noticed on a few other sites where the original was created prior to XDPX11 that after opening them in the latest release they often have various new mouseover effects that were previously never attributed.

I also yesterday tried editing the Absolute Chillout site in XDP10 to see if that made the right jump go away. It ddn't.

Just by way of an update. I never found a solution to this problem.

I have since added mobile variants to other radio websites and can confirm that in all cases the page loaded centered UNTIL the mobile variant was added. After that every site then loaded to the right and then centered itself shortly afterwards.