Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Websites loading slightly to the right

Anybody experiencing XDPX11 created sites loading slightly right justified, then centering after all has loaded? It seems to be happening on a few of mine. I'm wondering if it's a bug in the latest version of the software or if I've done something daft. Here's an example:

http://www.absolutechillout.com/

I'm wondering if it may also have something to do with the addition of a mobile variant.

Default Re: Websites loading slightly to the right

I think having two images totalling 1.2 MB is slowing down the page load so that the page positioning is kicking in after the page is fully loaded.

That image of the girl against the sunset is ridiculously heavy in download tems. It should be a compressed jpg not a PNG.

Change that and see if it helps.

Thanks, I'd forgotten about that. I changed it into a 96dpi JPG (although Xara seems determined to upload it as a PNG, although it's only 206kb now). Unfortunately the right justified thing is still happening.

Yeah, the page loads almost instantly but there is a big jump from right to left. Might have something to do with the videos.

Make a backup of the xara file. Take out the the 3rd party bits, one at a time, see if it makes a difference.

Make sure you have the current version available to return to.

OK will do.

It's happening on other sites too, Such as http://101smoothjazz.com/

On that one I have the added annoyance that the popup player loads on the right and stays there.

I created most of these several months ago in a hurry, so it's quite possible that I did one, then replicated the problem on a number of sites. The pop up player is weird though. I don't get that fault on any of the other sites.

Just solve the mystery in one first. My suggestion will be easy to do.

It would seem to be placeholder related. If I delete all the placeholders on the page, it loads centered. If any placeholder remains it loads to the right. It doesn't matter which placeholder it is, as long as one remains the fault occurs. Since the page has a placeholder for the popup player code, two Google adsense ads, a facebook like/share button, a Google+ button and a Streamfinder referral link, there's not a lot left after they've all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Yeah, the page loads almost instantly but there is a big jump from right to left. Might have something to do with the videos.
    I guess you are seeing videos in the Google ads Gary. There aren't any vids on the page and I'm not seeing any over here.

The smooth jazz page also has something ODD happening with the text in my OPERA browser (that's the only one I've opened it in though).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016.01.23_13h52m38s_001.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	111570
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.