Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Sorry gang but another f___khead has launched a virus that attaches itself to Acrobat PDF files.
    Here's the word:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...chypdf@mm.html
    This worm replicates as an Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) file. It functions only in the full version of Adobe Acrobat, not in the Acrobat Reader. When the user views the file and clicks on the picture, the worm will send itself to people in the Outlook Address Books.

http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99179&

This mass-mailing worm is embedded inside a .PDF file. However, as it requires the full version of Adobe Acrobat in order to propagate, it is unlikely to become wide spread. Having just the Acrobat reader will not spread the worm. VBS/PeachyPDF@MM arrives in an email message containing random information. Below is a list of strings that are chosen at random to make up the various parts of the message

Opening the attached .PDF file will display a document which reads, "You have one minute to find the peach!". A collogue containing images of naked female buttocks is displayed, one of which is actually the image of a peach. An icon entitled, "Double click the icon to show the solution" is also present. If the user has only the Acrobat Reader, this icon is disabled. If the user has the full version of Acrobat, double-clicking it will result in the creation and execution of the VBScript worm file (Peach.vbs, Peach.vbe, or Peach.wsf [depending of the version of the worm]).

This VBScript file creates a GIF image named PEACH.JPG and attempts to open it. As this filename contains the wrong extension, a broken image may appear in your browser/image viewer. The image is supposed to display where the real peach is located, "LINE 1,picture 6". The worm checks for the presence of a registry key before proceeding. If this key is present the script quits, otherwise it creates it.
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

BTW, all the PDF files on my GaryDavidBouton.com site are virus free.

Regards and really sickeed by the trolls who spread this stuff,

Sorry gang but another f___khead has launched a virus that attaches itself to Acrobat PDF files.
    Here's the word:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...chypdf@mm.html
    This worm replicates as an Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) file. It functions only in the full version of Adobe Acrobat, not in the Acrobat Reader. When the user views the file and clicks on the picture, the worm will send itself to people in the Outlook Address Books.

http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99179&

This mass-mailing worm is embedded inside a .PDF file. However, as it requires the full version of Adobe Acrobat in order to propagate, it is unlikely to become wide spread. Having just the Acrobat reader will not spread the worm. VBS/PeachyPDF@MM arrives in an email message containing random information. Below is a list of strings that are chosen at random to make up the various parts of the message

Opening the attached .PDF file will display a document which reads, "You have one minute to find the peach!". A collogue containing images of naked female buttocks is displayed, one of which is actually the image of a peach. An icon entitled, "Double click the icon to show the solution" is also present. If the user has only the Acrobat Reader, this icon is disabled. If the user has the full version of Acrobat, double-clicking it will result in the creation and execution of the VBScript worm file (Peach.vbs, Peach.vbe, or Peach.wsf [depending of the version of the worm]).

This VBScript file creates a GIF image named PEACH.JPG and attempts to open it. As this filename contains the wrong extension, a broken image may appear in your browser/image viewer. The image is supposed to display where the real peach is located, "LINE 1,picture 6". The worm checks for the presence of a registry key before proceeding. If this key is present the script quits, otherwise it creates it.
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

BTW, all the PDF files on my GaryDavidBouton.com site are virus free.

Regards and really sickeed by the trolls who spread this stuff,

I make lots of pdf's and, although I'm well on my guard against virusses, this one would have been a real risk, although I don't use Outlook or the microsoft adress book.

Try not to get too angry: these frustrated cranks misunderstand the healthy principle of destruction and it will become even worse when in a few years Virtual Reality will be a fact, and they'll change dreams into nightmares. (a prediction).

Hi Erik--

I have never seen the healthy aspect of destruction, and doubt that there indeed is a creative side to destruction.

For me, the wake of destruction only brings on feelings of loss, cruelty, and despair. My grandfather was destroyed by a burst blood vessel in his brain-you call 'em strokes, you know? I felt nothing positive about this genetic flaw, Erik. Much of Europe was destroyed in WWII with the most rote and sickening of tools--bombs, rifles, existing and quite boring technology, and Hiroshima was destroyed without warning, principle, or perspective with a dirty, untested above-ground nuclear warhead.

Now before you think of me as one-sided, I have visted your site many times, and have marveled at your technique. There is a certain theme that runs through your work, and I'm not sure it is despair and any healthy aspect of destruction. I see moods, I hear stories from your work.

So when a half-cocked bastard of a 14 year old impinges on my distribution of Acrobat files, I do not celebrate the reasoning behind the vehicle of the virus. Instead, I want to smash his little mouth in, and get him banned form ever getting another ISP.

It *is* easier to destroy than it is to create. And it is easier to poke fun at something in a non-creative way than to be the originator of the target (ex: National Lampoon makes unfair parodies at about everything).

I guess I'm just choosing the "long road" in my life, because there's more to see.

"Life doesn't get any easier, but it does get more interesting." ---me
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

I could not agree more with all of the examples of your mail, and it is very difficult for me to answer because I can only speak generally.
    And I feel with you for your grandfather.

Me too I want to get these f___g bastards thrown of the net as soon as possible, as I think they are really sick, and have a perverse enjoyment in seeing the misery, anxiousness and fear they cause. All that is a call for attention, and attention is energy. They live like vampires on the other people's worries, cares and woe.

What I meant was some kind of Shivaesque cosmic principle of creation and destruction. A naturally caused destruction of a forest by fire regenates the forest, and every malady you survive is based on the destruction of microbes or viruses. Even the lava of a vulcano is extremely fertile. Nature has a principle of destruction as well as one of creation. The leaves and fruits that rot under a tree are recuperated by the tree for growth, new fruit and new leaves. Every moment in your body, lots of cells are destroyed, good ones as well as bad ones, to keep the whole, the body healthy untill it cannot function anymore. This is hard for all of us to accept. Some hide in science, some in sects, some become morally uprooted and take what they can get.

We humans tend to forget the balance, and know boredom and indifference. And these are far more dangerous than good or bad. In my opinion.

Life can be hard (my grandmother died completely dement and an uncle died of gangrene), and the unnecessary suffering humans can cause (anti person landmines, dioxine, destruction of rainforests, business sharks,...) are even harder to bear. For me too, believe me. And it sometimes makes me feel so powerless, so unable to do anything about it. The only solution I can think of with my heart, is to create an oasis of beauty, but beauty that is so pure that everything in it is expressible. No, forgive me the expression, "thou shalt not". And I never felt any perverse joy in killing, sadism, or destruction.
    Life changes all the time, and we all want to be happy and get rid of our worries, cares and woes. How someone fills that in, is personal.

I do hope this could make it clear that I do not sympathise with perverse humans, be it kids or grown ups, that have pleasure in hurting, in causing anxiousness or in hate, bitterness, boredom or in being convinced that "they have the right to...".

Still, sometimes I feel that, the Internet being rather anarchistic by nature, some organisations want to gain control over it, and therefore try to get the "madding crowd" so far as to ask for governmental actions agains them crackers, hackers and virusbuilders. And that frightens me...

One last remark: English is not my first language, and I sometimes translate literally out of Flemish. In plain English, this may sound crude, harsh of hurting, but I try to speak my mind without wanting to impose my ideas. Only the subtleties may be lacking from time to time. But I learn...

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Hi Erik--

Note that I did not mean, and in fact did not criticise you. I was *HOPING* that the natural destruction that goes on about us (for example, I have a fern that is growing up THROUGH the rocks in my backyard patio, and it will NOT die, no matter how many times I pull it out!), and the natural deforestation that occurs from lightning or sometimes insects---are more along the example line we can agree upon as "useful destruction". Your Indian philosophy example set me thinking in the right way here.

And I know your native language is not "American" English, and I myself have no other language at my disposal (except Art!). We americans should be taught a second language as early as 1st grade, and our schools don't. Your English is remarkable and fine, Erik.

I just can't stand those sociopathic (one with no regard to the balance that goes on as an active process in society) kids who think it's cool to "bring down the system", when they haven't the faintest idea in their head of what will happen AFTER civilization has been mortally wounded.

I'm a pacifist (sp?) in both my life and my art.

Art is what you have after stripping away the worst of society.

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Hi Guys.

How about we just agree to disagree on this one? I think we all agree that this person who is behind this virus needs a cyber punch to his cyber head and to recieve a cyber broken nose as well.

We here in the 3d forum have different philosphies on life and see some things in different ways to others and for that reason we are probably never going to completely understand one anothers ponts of views for different reasons but that does not mean our views do not hold as much weight as the others does.I really enjoy coming here and interacting with you guys and as a pretty sick man its a special part of the day for me as innane as that may sound to some of you,some of us saw what happened in the Xara forums recently and how things got a bit heated,whichh is healthy and I whole heartedly agree with open discussion and sometimes arguments as well,but I think we need a mechanism to say okay this thread or discussion is now going nowhere.I am not saying we should introduce censorship because I dont think that is a good idea either and I dont agree with it either but how do you guys feel about having an out line if you wish if your conversation gets too heated where all you have to say is....I agree to disagree and that is like the off switch to that conversation and gives no one one up on the other person and means I accept what you are saying and have herad what you are saying but I chooose to disagree,with a mechanism like this we should be abe to be adults lick our wounds if there are any and move on again.This forum and the others also are so full of telent its unbelievable but when I see an argument which is going nowhere it make ma kinda sad because you cannot have and argument or heated debate on a computer that resolves itself because you are not face to face with the person you are having the discussion with so it becomes an circular argument which goes nowhere and just pisses off both recipients when we are here to learn about art and graphics.I therefore put forward the idea of the line..I agree to disagree...being an out from the conversation to actually save us hassle in the long run.....what do you guys think am I just fulla shit or do you think its a good idea?

Erik Gary this idea is one I have had for a ong time and your discussion above is just a chance to air it thats all,and I realize your discussion above is not an argument {yet} but I think rules of engagement could be a good idea....like I said what do you guys think?

Cheers.

Stu [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hi Stu--

I think I understand Erik better than he thinks and I think he understands me better than I think.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

It's a non-issue. It's dead. We have no quarrel.

And I thank God, or whomever one conceives their Supreme Diety to be, that we are bound as brothers by our Art.

Here's to expressing one's self!
    Buy you a pint [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

All the Best Erik, Stu---

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

I fully agree. Let's show things in Art, learn from one-another and play together. Only cobblestones that are in the same river can polish one-another.

Lots of creativity to both of you and everyone else. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.