Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New site ready! What have I missed??

Quote Originally Posted by Spitsoor View Post
    you mean the info in the footer?? those aren't links.
    Hi Spitsoor, if not links, what are they then? why is the first one on the top left orange? perhaps none of my business but just curious.

Ciao

Roly

the first is orange because it's the name, the rest are services provided.

I like the site, but I agree with some of the constructive criticism.

Your header navigation and social network strips are bigger than they need to be. Particularly the social networks - it's wasting the screen estate, big time and is out of proportion.

There is a tension between the styles on your site.

You have torn paper strips and 'printed font' navigation and text in places, which clashes with precise rectangles around your navigation buttons and I think that if you want to continue with the torn paper vibe you should lose these straight lines - either by changing the line style, using custom lines to create imperfect rectangles. I would also stop the precise division between pages/sections in the supersite. You could add a graphic to make those separations look ragged.

I think the best idea would be to get rid of the ragged edge and definitely not have boxes around text.

I would combined your site footer that lists the services with your social media icons. You don't need two footers as you have now.

I hate the tiny images in the website section - it's really old-fashioned and you can't see the images well.

You have a set of photographs. Some are with a frame/lined edge, one is clearly and old photogaph set on a white background which frames it - crop the white out and get rid of the edges.

That's my feedback.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Spitsoor View Post
    the first is orange because it's the name, the rest are services provided.
    Thanks for the explanation Spitsoor.

Ciao

Roly

Okay guys, took all your advice to heart, and added some more "ragged outlines and page divides.
    I also took out the square site photo's and made a safari inspired "slideshow" instead.
    Only thing is, you can't click the arrows too fast, you have to wait about three seconds.
    Trying to find an answer to that still....if anyone knows, please do tell!
    (it's not actually a slide show, it's popup layers)
    I initially wanted to make it with the same slide show widget I used for the galleries, but they don't allow urls in the photos.

I am not changing the size of the torn paper stickies however, on my 27" that looks just fine.... ;-)

thanx everyone for your input so far, it's much appreciated.