Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New site ready! What have I missed??

http://www.anitaphotography.nl

I haven't implemented all galleries yet, but please have a look and tell me what you think, did I miss something? What can be improved?

Thnx in advance!

Thumbs up Re: New site ready! What have I missed??

Nice. A little slow on loading but this is a problem with super sites and actually considering this, your site loads pretty fast.

I like what you have done and it works well for me. Very excellent design and creative work.

Default Re: New site ready! What have I missed??

The main thing is that the floating (fixed) navigation is far too large, even on my 1080p laptop screen it takes up a lot of real estate. Perhaps reduce the height.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Nice, but I have a lot of trouble with the font colours. You have white text in some parts with a light gray background that is almost impossible to read. Even the orange type is difficult where the background is a similar colour, like the Contact part. Same with the light orange type on white background - very difficult to read.

The background for the navigation buttons is a ripped page, interesting, but the buttons are simple lines. I find that a bit stark given the ripped page look. I don't have any suggestion, it's just that the button look unfinished.

The bottom is also a ripped page but it is almost imperceptible. I didn't notice at first. Maybe you can move it up a little bit so that it shows up better.

I like the effects and the supersite. I must try this.

John

I don't have problems reading the text (in firefox) but as John mentioned the bottom bar (in the desktop variant) might not be shown if the browser window is not tall enough. And if the visitor is very unlucky with his browser window height the bar will completely overlay the bottom text when fully scrolled down. Maybe you should make it stickie as in the mobile variant.

Thnx so far guys, I have taken your concerns to heart and indeed the mobile variant had a lighter shade of grey in the page background, that is fixed now, and also the bottom navigation bar was sticky as Siran suggested, but it was in the wrong place.

That should also look better now in all windows.

You got it! Much better; I can now read the text. I was using Well done.

John

I really believe you've achieved what you're after, excellent! Personally not a great lover of these changing images as the visitor scrolls down the page, but they are the latest trend and you've managed to do it very well.

The nav bar might be to wide/high for quite a lot of laptops and can appear cut off at the page limits. Not convinced re the roll 'over' png's showing the underlying 'off' png's, it just looks "dirty".

I'd reduce the social network icons sizes a great deal too.

However overall I think you've excelled.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Spitsoor, very nice but I noticed that the nav bar at the bottom of the page does not work.

Ciao

Roly

you mean the info in the footer?? those aren't links.