Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website M hosting signup problem

Almost the same as in another thread, but in my case, I clicked on the link in the email that I received from Xara for free M hosting, entered my coupon code, managed to log in using my un & pw with Xara, all of my info was there, USD went to 0$, made a fatal mistake of trying to read the Terms - it jumped to a 404 page, I went back, tried to continue, everything changed to Euros, still 0, clicked on the last step and received the message that it could not proceed and to try again later. I waited a bit, clicked on the button, same message, waited, clicked, same message, etc. Gave up, quit. Went back an hour later and tried the same process, but now I couldn't log in; login information incorrect it says. I typed my pw several times, typed it in a text document, copy, paste, no good. I tried logging in to Xara.com - no problem with un & pw. Back to the purchase screen, reset pw. This gives a cryptic screen into which I typed my un (email address), clicked on what passes for a button. Failed!

I tried again but as a new customer using my same un (email address). Refused because the un is already taken.

Raised a ticket last night. No reply from Xara yet.

Tried again today. Same problem, can't log in. Can't finalize the deal. Don't know if my coupon has been used or not.

Anyone else experience the same problems? Solutions?

As Rob mentions in the other post, the online stuff with Xara is confusing. I looked at their "offerings" and "M" is not there, only "L" and "XL."

Here are the reset pw screens. They are not state of the art.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara hosting - reset pw screen.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	111541Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara hosting - reset pw screen2.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	111542

John
    Last edited by browj2; 20 January 2016 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Added my name

Default Re: Website M hosting signup problem

Update. I received a reply from Xara that they are experiencing some technical difficulties with their login service. I'm relieved that it’s Xara and not me. I'll post again when I see that the system is back up.

John

Default Re: Website M hosting signup problem

Update. Problem solved, mostly. I can now log in and I was able to activate the coupon for 'M' hosting, modify xxxx.xara.hosting to yyyy.xara.hosting, and select a domain name. The only problem now is that when I open My web space or Cloud drive, the UI is in German and I see no way to get it to English. Once the purchase went through, all of the emails came to me in German, not that I need them in English, but it is strange. Anyone else have this problem, and get it resolved (and how)?

I will, of course, raise this with Xara. Their hosting problems have not all been resolved.

John