Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: For current Web Design users - is Xara a good choice?

I appreciate the discussion on adaptive vs. responsive design. I've been doing adaptive design, but with NetObjects Fusion it is all manual - I have to create multiple sites and manage the scripts to display the appropriate site based on the browser. Xara's content carryover through multiple variants, and having the scripting built into the software is a huge time saver for me. I do like the idea of having control over the way the content displays for each variant; but, Cloud, I will also check out Muse 2016 as you recommended. Thanks.

I am not arguing your point, but if so, why do companies like xara design their site as responsive, not adaptive?
    leonard

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    It's interesting how adaptive solutions are perceived - as inferior to a responsive design - when they can be superior in some ways.

A pure responsive design responds to the browser windows changes at all times and the content does not change. An adaptive one changes the design itself according to the browser size and can change content to suit - something that a responsive design doesn't do.

I found a good example of a situation where an adaptive approach is used because (in this case) responsive would simply be far too complex to create because mobile devices would mess this up hugely. Notice the massive difference between the desktop and mobile variants. (don't just resize the browser, view on mobile)

http://le-mugs.com/en/
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I found a good example

That's a fantastic example. Thanks for sharing it.

I'm really impressed by that site. Especially the desktop version.

I tend to go through sites to see if they can be recreated within muse and after a good look at how the site was put together I realised that it can be created in it's entirity within muse, even the parallax header which moves with the mouse cursor. I would always advise designers trying out new software to find a site they like and try to recreate it (obviously just for practice purposes) that way they learn how to do somthing and will discover the limitations of the software.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I would like to do the same thing on this site but it looks complicated [Link removed]
    Last edited by Acorn; 22 March 2022 at 03:32 PM. Reason: You are asked how to do a site that you list as your Home Page.

Hello Lucie

You have posted in a very old thread (Last post in 2016). You do not list any Xara software. So, do you want information about Xara Web Designer?

Quote Originally Posted by lucie123 View Post
    I would like to do the same thing on this site but it looks complicated [Link removed]
    Do read the TG rules.

You posted a link to your own Home Page, asking how to built the same.
    You have no declared Xara product.
    You have resurrected a stale Thread.

At present, i can see no evidence that you are benign in your request.

Engage with TG properly and you will be helped.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat