Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Typos in certain browsers

I am getting typos, or changed text when a web page is viewed on Mozilla and Chrome, but not IE or WD.
    The text where the typos appear is normal and correct in WD, and as far as I can tell all of the characters are formatted the same. The web page in question is here:
    http://wahia.org/whiac-2016.htm
    Go about half way down to the paragraph titled "Type of Conference" you will see multiple typos and sometimes the same word wrong more than once - Some of the words "Investigators" 'Presentation" 'Officers". If you view it in Mozilla or Chrome the typos are there but not in IE.
    Any help? I'm sure its something fundamental I am not seeing...
    Thank you

Default Re: Typos in certain browsers

Quote Originally Posted by AGCRUISE View Post
    I am getting typos, or changed text when a web page is viewed on Mozilla and Chrome, but not IE or WD.
    The text where the typos appear is normal and correct in WD, and as far as I can tell all of the characters are formatted the same. The web page in question is here:
    http://wahia.org/whiac-2016.htm
    Go about half way down to the paragraph titled "Type of Conference" you will see multiple typos and sometimes the same word wrong more than once - Some of the words "Investigators" 'Presentation" 'Officers". If you view it in Mozilla or Chrome the typos are there but not in IE.
    Any help? I'm sure its something fundamental I am not seeing...
    Thank you
    If you copy & paste your faulty text into a text editor, they words show up properly. It seems to be a browser fault in rendering ligatures (ff, etc). Try using a different font to check it disappears. It is not a Xara issue.

Acorn

P.S. "Last edited by gwpriester; Today at 03:13 PM. Reason: changed fault to font -gwp"
    Thanks Gary
    Last edited by Acorn; 14 January 2016 at 06:07 PM. Reason: changed fault to font -gwp
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, it's the font Calibri that causes this issue. It's come up in another thread but I can't find it at present.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

That's the one, thanks Keith
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

This might possibly bail you out - IF THE OFFENDING TEXT IS LIMITED -
    For example, I often have a heading / banner / etc. using a font I have made Bold, and then Outlined. But, this font does NOT support outlined text and when viewd in ANY browser, all you see is the filled text with NO outline. Simple solution - RMB . Create Bit Map Copy. Done! This works to resolve a lot of issues. But - if this is for LOTS of text, you need to select a different font.

I changed the font, but nothing else, and that fixed it. Thank you.