Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Photo Touch-Up

Hey, y'all. I don't normally post much here as I lurk in the Xara forums. However, I have a recent pic of my daughter here and am unhappy with the yellow tinting. I'm very inexperienced at trying to touch up colors in a photo editor. Anybody willing to give it a crack with the attached photo and then share the "how's" of what they did? Much obliged.

.joroho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18K93240.JPG 
Views:	294 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	3909  
    Wise men still seek Him.
    IP

Hey, y'all. I don't normally post much here as I lurk in the Xara forums. However, I have a recent pic of my daughter here and am unhappy with the yellow tinting. I'm very inexperienced at trying to touch up colors in a photo editor. Anybody willing to give it a crack with the attached photo and then share the "how's" of what they did? Much obliged.

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.
    IP

Corel Photo Paint 10 to balance unsightly colors by doing this>>

Step One: Open your image in PhotoPaint

Step Two: Select the menu named IMAGE

Step Three: in the menu named IMAGE and Find the item called ADJUST

Step Four, in the ADJUST menu option is a tool called Color Balance. Select Color Balance and adjust
    IP

Hello, Another way to remove the yellow cast is: Image > Ave/Saturation/Lightness/ > Channels > Yellow > Reduce the Saturation slider to your liking > Then, choose the Red Channel ( because there is a little red cast as well ) an reduce the Saturation slider to your liking > Choose OK. If you then want to enhance the photo go to: Image > Brightness/Contrass > adjust to your liking. Good luck! Dennis
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Joroho - You know me as a Xara X user. Unfortunately I don't use photopaint so I can't help you with photopaint tips. However I tried to do what you asked using Xara X's elementary bitmap tools. I think the results speak for themselves - ie not bad for vector illustration software! I'd be happy to explain how I did it in Xara but the Xara Forum is a better place for that. I don't want to try the patience of my photopaint friends.

(By the way I have no doubt better results can be achieved in photopaint - perhaps a user will show you).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4joroho.jpg 
Views:	554 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	17165  
    IP

I used Photo Paint nine, and Image adjust then palyed with color balance, then color hue playing with each till I got something that looked less yellowish
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card
    IP