Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Xara server crash at 345 pm Central Time

Was re-installing Xara Pro 10 on a new Windows machine and it was reading that server was down - wanted to re-register but nothing doing. Anyone else notice anything strange around this time. Many thanks,

Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Xara server crash at 345 pm Central Time

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Was re-installing Xara Pro 10 on a new Windows machine and it was reading that server was down - wanted to re-register but nothing doing. Anyone else notice anything strange around this time. Many thanks,

Bill
    Yup - seems to be an issue for me too. Not installing, but when I checked for updates it wanted to register again and then comes back stating that I had no Internet connection - which I obviously have! Oh well, let them sort it out.

It would seem the server is down. I have been trying to get some graphic design work down, but the server has been down, so I'm S.O.L. (Simply Outta Luck).

With any luck the server will be up soon.
    ~ Madalynne ~
    a.k.a.: M1SS D3V10US, a.k.a.: Sharkie

| My TalkGraphics.com Albums | Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 98 |

I am not getting the error right now.

...don't tease us, some of us are very fragile right now.

I just checked, I'm still getting the server error message. *sigh* ...it's not like I have work to do, or anything.
    ~ Madalynne ~
    a.k.a.: M1SS D3V10US, a.k.a.: Sharkie

| My TalkGraphics.com Albums | Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 98 |

I also am having trouble, I reinstalled this afternoon, and can't get past the registration screen, it says it can't connect, and that it may be blocked by my firewall, which I checked, and it is allowed through.
    Anyway, if it is a server issue, I will wait for a while before worrying.

Apparently, the CLIPART which I thought was already installed, as I've downloaded additional content etc. etc. Why has this NOT been already downloaded. I didn't realise that the clipart was cloud based.

Absolutely frustrated that I can't add clipart to a drawing, because XARA doesn't think I'm online. Is there a way (assuming the SERVER gets fixed), To have Xara's clipart locally on MY machine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016.01.12_19h56m38s_001.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	111465  
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I was trying to upgrade to Designer 10 from an older version this afternoon, encountered some of the same troubles, program at activation said I was not on line, then after activation/serial number etc.....when loading the new program I received "Error unable to download file C:\user...10 cash\designs" so there were no templates to work with. All of this upset me. Xara has been the greatest software for my web development for many years. It never occurred to me their system was screwed up. I hope to get my new version working soon, if not hoping to get a refund for the upgrade price they offer a 30 trial. I will continue to use my older Designer Pro X which probably has more stuff than I will ever understand.

Same issue here when trying to locate clipart.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It's 12:35pm Wed 13th of January here in Oz and I'm getting an error which may be related to this. I seem to be able to use the software, but I wonder what ramifications there are of this error? Not confident

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XDPX11-error-160113.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	111468