Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Disable control points in sketched lines?

Quote Originally Posted by feklee View Post
    I don’t understand: How can you do pen-on-paper like sketching with the pen tool?
    I didn't say it could. You asked about, "a way to draw points." Good luck finding something that works for you.
    ~Fred

Finally, found a good program for sketching, and I even had it installed: Microsoft OneNote

Documents can be exported to PDF, with sketches as splines. Points are line segments. Perfect!

For sketching, I remember that in the 90s there was a Wacom stylus with a pen built in. So you could sketch on paper, and the pressure information would be passed on to the Wacom tablet. Do these styluses still exist?

For sketching, I remember that in the 90s there was a Wacom stylus with a pen built in.
    Found it for the current generation Wacom Intuous tablets. It's called Inking Pen. Ordered it right away.

Found it for the current generation Wacom Intuous tablets. It's called Inking Pen. Ordered it right away.
    Glad you found a way; please let us know how it works out.
    ~Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Fred C View Post
    Glad you found a way; please let us know how it works out.
    Received it yesterday, and it works as expected. It's a stylus with a ballpoint pen cartridge. To use it, I taped a paper on top of an Intuos4 tablet. Obviously, it's extremely easy to use: You draw on the paper, and the computer records it. For drawing I use OneNote then export to PDF. The recorded strokes are rendered to vector lines.

Thanks for the update. I don't have a Intuos tablet, but now I've got to check this out. Have fun!
    ~Fred