Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Disable control points in sketched lines?

BTW. You could always create a Wish List item for Xara to implement something that DrawPlus can do, which is to disable "Select on Create." This does just what it states, disables the lines (or other objects) from being selected while drawing. Xara products have only the option for what is created to be selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred C View Post
    What Xara program are you running
    Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    While the control points are not hidden, have you tried using the Sketch Mode button set to on?
    naturally

You could also set the handle size to its smallest size which they then are far less obtrusive.
    Thanks for the suggestion. OTOH, I do want handles at normal size for other operations.

What Xara program are you running
    Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    While the control points are not hidden, have you tried using the Sketch Mode button set to on?
    naturally

You could also set the handle size to its smallest size which they then are far less obtrusive.
    Thanks for the suggestion. OTOH, I do want handles at normal size for other operations.

Please check my edit to msg#9
    ~Fred

Please check my edit to msg#9
    Thanks for the edit! Only I assume that Auto deselect applies to all tools, while I only want to have the control points hidden when using the Freehand and Brush Tool.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

One thing about using XaReg is that it makes editing the registry much easier and quicker, so it's not such a hassle to experiment with different settings. After a quick try I can see that the auto deselect only seems to affect the freehand and brush tool and the shapepainter tool. IMO the folks at Xara should consider adding this to the program UI

Between this setting and the sketch mode setting it's not hard at all to sketch in Xara. I have a little pen and touch tablet and the surface of the tablet even gives a kind of pen/pencil on paper feel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    After a quick try I can see that the auto deselect only seems to affect the freehand and brush tool and the shapepainter tool.
    Thanks for trying! I now tried as well: Unfortunately, the auto deselect also applies to the straight line tool.

Between this setting and the sketch mode setting it's not hard at all to sketch in Xara.
    Sketching with auto deselect is much better than before! Still, what is missing is a way to draw points, e.g. as little circles or short line segments. I assume that there are vector sketching tools which have this implemented. Just I don’t know which.

Quote Originally Posted by feklee View Post
    ...Still, what is missing is a way to draw points...
    Have you tried the Pen Tool?
    XaReg>General tab>Right side, fifth one down>Show Pen Tool on Flyout.
    ~Fred

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

TBH I don't think the auto deselect really hinders the straight line tool at all. it's just a matter of clicking the mouse button to select the line then you can drag either end point which is all the straight line tool can do. And the auto deselect doesn't affect the pen tool or the shape tool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Have you tried the Pen Tool?
    XaReg>General tab>Right side, fifth one down>Show Pen Tool on Flyout.
    I don’t understand: How can you do pen-on-paper like sketching with the pen tool?