Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default resizing a drawing

I have problems when I use the painter tool, when I resize the whole drawing it changes completely, I'm attaching the xar file and a jpg to show the problem.
    As far as I can see painter father does not adjust according to resizing it stays the same as original.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resizing.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	111378  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Javier

Default Re: resizing a drawing

I see the problem in your file, but not one I create.

Mike,
    Create a circle, inside paint something using the shape panter tool with 150 in softness, and then resize the whole drawing.
    LEt me know what oc
    Javier

I did.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-003833.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	111380

The feathering region can't increase beyond 1.32 cm. If you upscale, you'll find the feathering of the red shape to be 1.32 cm, just like the original.
    Funny thing is, if you upscale, then downscale again, the feathering region decreases. This is logical, I guess. But if you upscale and then use the Undo function, the feathering decreases as well. This is definately a bug.

As a workaround, you could replace the feathering of the red shape with an elliptical transparency. This gives (more or less) the same result, but is scalable.
    Frans

Good find Frans.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Frans,
    Thank you very much for your help, I can not use elliptical transparency because the original drawing is really tooooo complex and it will imply to redoing all the job.
    I had used Xara many years from version 5 to 11 and I am starting to get tired with Xara bugs, I suffer a lot of hangs and missbehaviours, it is really a pitty because I've already have a lot of skill using it and I don't want to spend a lot of time learning a new software, but every time I want to use it something happens, this one is one of the several errors.
    Anyway, I sent a ticket to xara expecting they could help me because I need to send the drawing to customer.
    Best regards and thank you very much.
    Javier

One can also use the feather instead of the softness on the resulting shape.

But in Javier's example, the red centre and the black circle haven't scaled proportionally regardless of the feathering ... or is that not relevant to the issue ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I believe that is the issue, Keith.

It doesn't happen here so I am uncertain what it causing the odd behavior on that file.