If xara, or another company, would offer a software program that is automatically responsive, it would make apps like that unnecessary.

The android app in question doesn't have any relationship with responsive design that I can see. It's just a viewer. I haven't tried it and don't really see the point of it. I'd advise caution about downloading any app to any device from a developer you are unfamiliar with.

Since it has been awhile since google's responsive announcement, i would have thought that there would be several good options today. Seems to me that whoever releases the first one, will end up with the majority of the business.

There are plenty of options out there for building responsive websites - you can use template-based systems or other framework-based systems to construct a responsive website, but you will find that you will need to know the limitations of the templating system or framework and stay within them. Going beyond those basics will require a good understanding of HTML and CSS.

If you put the effort in to learning the technology you can do anything. If you don't you have to compromise.

Xara gives you a web design platform that gives you superb control - WYSIWYG. You put something somewhere and it will stay there. That's not true of responsive web design. So Xara makes it easy to build pages, but they aren't responsive; instead Xara provides an adaptive solution to support different device sizes.

Be careful what you ask for, because when you see it, it may well turn out to be not what you want or are comfortable with.

There is no universal web site building system that satisfies everyone's needs. The 'easy' ones have a limitation that irks those needing more sophistication and control, the complex ones provide superb control with a steep learning curve that intimidates the average user.

Sorry Leonard, there are loads of options out there already. Xara does a pretty good job for most html-naive users.

There's a reason why Xara websites aren't responsive - it's not compatible with WYSIWYG design, or simplicity without restrictions.