Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Adding media file problem

I sent a support ticket and also sent a link to this thread. Will have to wait for a answer
    I have deleted Uninstalled ,reinstalled and tried several different settings with mp4 files
    Also tried you tube widget and anything else to do with media files resulting in the same issue

Even tried compatibility mode resulting in same issue
    My specs are

Windows 10 64 bit(with latest updates)
    Web designer 11 premium with all the most recent updates

Looks like it will have to be an update fix to resolve

The same problem here! I used Designer Pro X11 to design a website with quite some YouTube video's, only one week ago it worked fine (Windows 10),
    but now it crashes the program!! I hope this will be solved soon, I need it to go on working! I already sent a support ticket too, no answer up till now!

Same issue here, hope Xara Fix this soon, client waiting for website

Hi,

Apologies, this has been brought to our attention and our developers are looking into it immediately.

So far this seems to occur with the YouTube and trying to import an mp3 widget, as well as re-sizing or regenerating the preview window with current documents that have these within as well. Also, those with the problem all seem to be on Windows 10, I get a feeling MS may have pushed an update out which has upset Xara. Please let me know if you discover this problem with any other widget or object.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi,

Apologies, this has been brought to our attention and our developers are looking into it immediately.

So far this seems to occur with the YouTube and trying to import an mp3 widget, as well as re-sizing or regenerating the preview window with current documents that have these within as well. Also, those with the problem all seem to be on Windows 10, I get a feeling MS may have pushed an update out which has upset Xara. Please let me know if you discover this problem with any other widget or object.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Rob
    I tried other widgets, but they seem to be allright!
    Hope you guys are solving the problem with the MS update soon! :-)
    Henk

Same issue with dragging mp4 videos

The issue is not just with the you tube widget but also as mentioned any MP4 video file you try to drag in to a page.
    So far it happens with MP4 videos, you tube video widget and also any mp3 files

Have not seen any other issues except for those so far

All other widgets are working fine, is all related to video content, and yes, I think is related with Windows 10 users...

Hi all

Try this: unistall Windows 10 update KB3132372, it seems to be this update that "buggered up" the software.
    It worked for me ☺
    Lars

A little update I guess:

Yes, MS released this update which caused the issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3132372

As mentioned in the article:
    "We are aware of limited application crashes that occur after this security update is installed on Windows 10."

It has broken many things including Skype:
    http://www.infoworld.com/article/301...ail-games.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player...ase_notes.html claims this was fixed on 1st Jan but MS need to roll out the fix to Win 8 and 10. Presumably it takes them a few days to build a windows update patch and run it through their release procedure.

Any widget which has flash will cause this issue. For some reason YouTube is passing the flash version of their videos back to Xara which we're not sure why. mp3/4 widgets are flash which is why it is crashing when generating the preview. We will be pushing to have these use HTML5 as standard rather instead. Trying to embed Facebook videos will also result in a crash.

Thanks
    Rob