Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Adding media file problem

Greetings to you all!
    New guy from Noway here.

I have of course searched around for quite a while now, but seems I need some help!...

Suddenly I can't add any media files to Web Designer 11.?
    That is no music or video files at all! Not even widgets!

As soon as I drop a file on it, Xara crash with the "Xara stopped working" notice..
    If I try adding .flv to a placeholder nothing happens all.. -In browser the placeholder is not even visible..

Have done several clean installs, and even deleted all personal files!

Really appreciate any help!
    Sincerely
    /Orre

Default Re: Adding media file problem

Welcome to TalkGraphics Orre

I have no idea why this is happening. If you don't get any help here file a support ticket at http://support.xara.com (But wait until the new year since most Xara employees are on holiday).

Thank you!

Thinking about it, I don't recall using media files with Web Designer after installing Windows 10...
    Also, several clean installs of Xara software without making any difference, points in the direction of this being a Win10 related problem!?..
    Then I would certainly not be alone?...
    Any ideas?

/Orre

Ps) Maybe add (Win10) to the header please..

I am having the same issue . I just purchased today Jan-01 2016 and when I drag a mp4 video file in to web designer I go through the normal question of asking me if I want the movie to auto start or not .
    Then when I click an error message pops up saying web designer has stopped working and the program closes completely

Also tried the you tube widget and has the same issues

Have tried everything

I am using windows 10 64 bit with all the latest updates
    Last edited by mysteryspy2001; 01 January 2016 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryspy2001 View Post
    I am having the same issue . I just purchased today Jan-01 2016 and when I drag a mp4 video file in to web designer I go through the normal question of asking me if I want the movie to auto start or not .
    Then when I click an error message pops up saying web designer has stopped working and the program closes completely

Also tried the you tube widget and has the same issues

Have tried everything

I am using windows 10 64 bit with all the latest updates
    Yep, same here!..

Haven't tested the issue on the WD11 Premium 64 bit version though.. (trial expired)
    Maybe someone could do a check?..

/Orre

As stated I my post

I am on Web Designer 11 Premium 64 Bit full version (windows 10 64 bit) and you can no longer drag any media files like an mp4 video. I tried using the you tube widget as well with the same issues.

Once you drag an mp4 video you will first receive this message which is normal

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 1.JPG 
Views:	241 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	111337

Then when you select an option you will get this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 2.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	111338

This when the program will quit and close down.

It seems it will not accept any media files . I then tried experimenting and tried an mp3 file just to see what would happen and the same thing happens.

So confirmed same exact problem with both 32 and 64 bit WD11 versions then. (on Win10 64bit)

Got it to work putting the flashplayer in a html placeholder.
    Crashes immediately trying any wysiwyg editing, or even hitting preview though...

/Orre

I am getting the same issue with W10 64-bit for XWD11P and XDPX11.

Not good,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Same problem here with wev designer 11 premium 64 bit - rather frustrated!
    Lars

Sure frustrating!

I'm no good at this stuff, and have just copied the coding from elsewhere...
    But anyway, here's my HTML Placeholder for running a flash video if it could help anyone in a jam.
    My video, obviously called "jubileum.flv" resides in the "yourindex_htm_files" folder.

/Orre

Code:
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" id="retail_video_player" width="100%" height="100%" align="middle">
    <param name="movie" value="index_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf"/>
    <param name="flashvars" value="url=jubileum.flv&amp;sound=true&amp;loop=false&amp;tooltip=true&amp;autoplay=false&amp;swfborder=true&amp;bgcolor=0x000000&amp;bgalpha=0.1"/>
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="quality" value="high"/>
    <param name="menu" value="false"/>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    document.write("\x3cembed type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" pluginspage=\"http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer\" ");
    document.write("name=\"retail_video_player\" width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\" align=\"middle\" ");
    document.write("src=\"index_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf?url=jubileum.flv&amp;sound=true&amp;loop=false&amp;tooltip=true&amp;autoplay=false&amp;swfborder=true&amp;bgcolor=0x000000&amp;bgalpha=0.1\" ");
    document.write("wmode=\"transparent\" allowScriptAccess=\"sameDomain\" allowFullscreen=\"true\" quality=\"high\" menu=\"false\"/>");
    </script>
    </object>