Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Variant Recognition

My WD 11 Premium website loads appropriately on mobile devices. However, when I test my site on Google, I get a response that it is not mobile ready. This is probably hurting my SEO with Google's new emphasis on monile for searches. Does anyone have a fix?
    Website is donerightpoolsandspas.com

Default Re: Web Variant Recognition

I don't know about Google, but that's the kind of site I run a mile from.

John, the site needs a bit of TLC before you start being concerned about SEO.

The Logo and NavBar take up far to much vertical space so that all your serious content is below the waterline, a situation where visitors will simply not bother to linger.
    Next you need text rigour. Introduce text with Headings. SEO loves this. Page http://donerightpoolsandspas.com/spas.htm has no text at all.
    Pages are not consistent. Check where the logo covers your msvalidate.01 text (whatever this is).
    The top level NavBar should link to something. Click one, wait for nothing to appear, leave site.
    Include inter-page links to allow logical site navigation that does not rely on the NavBar. You currently have a collection of separate pages that hang off the NavBar with no internal theme. Use the home page text to link to images. The Service page is hiding. Ask someone to find it.

Doing the above will improve the site for humans. A web crawler doesn't buy your services or products so treat SEO with the respect it deserves.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Take a look at this site. It's not perfect and a similar site could be made with Xara. It's a whole lot better.

http://www.thehottubandswimspacompany.com/

Think about why this site is better and imagine yourself as a customer thinking of buying a hot tub or having a pool. Would you want to be looking at SEO text and Logo hell or a brochure?

Less is more. A lot less is a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    John, the site needs a bit of TLC before you start being concerned about SEO.

The Logo and NavBar take up far to much vertical space so that all your serious content is below the waterline, a situation where visitors will simply not bother to linger.
    Next you need text rigour. Introduce text with Headings. SEO loves this. Page http://donerightpoolsandspas.com/spas.htm has no text at all.
    Pages are not consistent. Check where the logo covers your msvalidate.01 text (whatever this is).
    The top level NavBar should link to something. Click one, wait for nothing to appear, leave site.
    Include inter-page links to allow logical site navigation that does not rely on the NavBar. You currently have a collection of separate pages that hang off the NavBar with no internal theme. Use the home page text to link to images. The Service page is hiding. Ask someone to find it.

Doing the above will improve the site for humans. A web crawler doesn't buy your services or products so treat SEO with the respect it deserves.

Acorn
    Thank you Acorn!

Thank You