Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pasting an image to the same position on all pages

I've added an image and want it in the same position on every page.

If I right click on the image where I've located it, I can see there's "Repeat on all pages".
    When I do that, it will repeat, but not to the exact same X Y positions on every page.
    The X co-ordinate seems to be OK, it's the Y co-ordinate that's causing me a problem.
    I've set Y at 1078px on the imported image, but, for example on another page it appears at 1395px, another one at 998px, or 1329px.

Right clicking the image, there's also a "Paste" option in there, a sub-list from that has "Paste position", which I thought might be what I want? but it's greyed out.

(I'm pasting the image on the top of a soft-group of items, if that's relevant?)

Default Re: Pasting an image to the same position on all pages

I am sure there is a better solution but i copy the image then on each separate page simply go for Paste in place (Ctrl+Shift+V).
    Do also check the object you have copied is not set to Position on Page > Footer.
    You might also check if the soft-group has a Position on Page > Push setting.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn,
    As there's about a hundred pages, I was really looking for an easier solution.

Actually, I've just tried your suggestion.
    Copy the image (Ctrl C), go to another page and "Past in place" - fine.
    Then go to another page again and "Paste in place" has disappeared. Even if I copy the original image again, then paste to a different page, after the first paste it screws up that next page I want to paste to.
    BTW the position on page is set to "Fixed"

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Hine View Post
    Thanks Acorn,
    As there's about a hundred pages, I was really looking for an easier solution.

Actually, I've just tried your suggestion.
    Copy the image (Ctrl C), go to another page and "Past in place" - fine.
    Then go to another page again and "Paste in place" has disappeared. Even if I copy the original image again, then paste to a different page, after the first paste it screws up that next page I want to paste to.
    BTW the position on page is set to "Fixed"
    Just tried it myself on 50 pages and it is working exactly as I expected.

I used Ctrl+C then CTRL+Shift+V then the PageDn button to go to the next page and repeated.

Peculiar,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

..and Xara doesn't understand the need for master page templates...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Just tried it myself on 50 pages and it is working exactly as I expected.

I used Ctrl+C then CTRL+Shift+V then the PageDn button to go to the next page and repeated.

Peculiar,
    Acorn
    Hi again Acorn,

I used the shortcuts you mentioned above, that has pasted everything fine. I must have been pasting erroneously somehow.
    Thank you.