This is the third time I have been locked out of accessing Xara DP11since I upgraded to this version in May. Reason for lockout stated is that computer hardware has been changed. This has been installed on the same laptop and desktop since upgrade and they both show on the Xara site with the correct description, i.e, with nothing changed, and yet it claims that the listed computers are activated. Well if that were true how come I cannot access Xara on one of them? It will not permit me to deactivate any of them for 30 days, and even if I could there is no guarantee that I would be able to reactivate on the same computer. I am writing this from my office where I have been trying unsuccessfully to modify an existing file for a client. I do have the other computer at my house but that is 50 miles away. My customer is p*ssed and so am I.

I reverted back to Adobe for new files after the previous inactivation hassle but still need Xara for existing files. I know this board takes a dim view of anyone daring to criticize Xara but I don't know how they stay in business as there must be a lot of people like me who feel if they have paid for a product that they should be entitled to use it. Of course I have emailed Xara and from my past experience they will take nearly a week to resolve the issue.

In the meantime I should be grateful is anyone here reading this can suggest a way around this. After posting this I will try downloading a trial version using a different name and see if that will work. I'm guessing it will respond with your trial is up?