Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I was wondering if there is any possible way to specify a window size (ex. 640 x 480) on a .SWF file so the viewer cannot adjust it to bigger or smaller size, only stay at (640 x 480.

Reason why i want to know this is because i have a interactive portfolio in swf and if you resize the window it affects the quality of all my bitmap graphics.

If any flash masters out there would like to share the knowledge, post a reply because I'd love to know.

thanx
    IP

I was wondering if there is any possible way to specify a window size (ex. 640 x 480) on a .SWF file so the viewer cannot adjust it to bigger or smaller size, only stay at (640 x 480.

Reason why i want to know this is because i have a interactive portfolio in swf and if you resize the window it affects the quality of all my bitmap graphics.

If any flash masters out there would like to share the knowledge, post a reply because I'd love to know.

thanx
    IP

Here's how I would go about this, although by no means is this the only way. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

1) Publish the file and actually set the movie size to 640 x 480 pixels.

2) This will still not prevent the user from resizing the browser window however, so you might want to do the following.

Let's say your movie name is portfolio.swf and it's embedded in an html file called portfolio.html. You could allow your user to link to portfolio.html from another link, which pops up a new browser window using an OnClick handler as follows:

<a href="#" OnClick="window.open('portfolio.html','port','loca tion,height=640,width=480');"> Link to my Portfolio </a>

If you're unfamiliar with Javascript, the parts worth noting are...as follows. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<a href="#"... simply links to a dead bookmark on the same page as the user is currently on. This prevents any dreaded 404's or other errors from splashing on the page as the new window pops up.

'port' is just a parameter that you give to JavaScript as the name reference to the page you want to link to. This allows you to use that same reference in other JavaScript functions you may want to use.

Again,... this is one way, the way that I'm most familiar with, to accomplish what you need.

Cheers
    IP