Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Workpage and colors?

Hard to describe but I ll try.
    I recently bought a 34" screen which runs @ 3440x1440

When I work with my current project I only have a "small" white windows to work with, fine by me.
    As soon i add a new page to it I have 1 hugh big white screen in fornt of me, almost lets me pickup my sunglasses

How can I change it so its the same as the other screen?

Screenshot : 1 is how I like it but dont know how I didn it and 2 is to much white
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scherm1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	111236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scherm2.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	111237  

Default Re: Workpage and colors?

Check the zoom percentage on the toolbar at the top of the screen.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

The large white area (especially large on your large monitor) is the pasteboard area. The actual page that will be visible in the browser is on the left.

You can drag and drop a color from the screen palette onto the page or the pasteboard area. If you drop the color onto the pasteboard, both the background and the page will be the same color. If you drop the color onto the page, then only the page will be that color. But you can have different page and background colors as well as textures.

Further to the above points, it looks like your template is set to white pasteboard & white page background. Open a new web template, set the pasteboard colour to the one you require, grey say, do the same for the page colour, white say, using the method Gary explained.

Now go Save / Save template. Either name it myWebTemplate or over-write the current template (Web Page 960 px (XGA) say). Then every time you open a new document based on this template you won't need to wear your sunglasses
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    Check the zoom percentage on the toolbar at the top of the screen.
    I dont understadn what my zoom factor has to do with this at all. I am talking about the page I am editing and the white screen around it. I can zoom in and out whatever i like but it all stays white.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The large white area (especially large on your large monitor) is the pasteboard area. The actual page that will be visible in the browser is on the left.

You can drag and drop a color from the screen palette onto the page or the pasteboard area. If you drop the color onto the pasteboard, both the background and the page will be the same color. If you drop the color onto the page, then only the page will be that color. But you can have different page and background colors as well as textures.
    This it what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Further to the above points, it looks like your template is set to white pasteboard & white page background. Open a new web template, set the pasteboard colour to the one you require, grey say, do the same for the page colour, white say, using the method Gary explained.

Now go Save / Save template. Either name it myWebTemplate or over-write the current template (Web Page 960 px (XGA) say). Then every time you open a new document based on this template you won't need to wear your sunglasses
    Also a very cool tip and no need for sunglasses (indoor) any more. Thanks a lot!