Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Facebook Widget problem WD10 generating link only

I created a placeholder and pasted your code into the HTML code (body) - this produced a textural link: "Larry Krause Music". Clicking on this link takes you to your Facebook page, but this is not a direct step/one-click process.

I tried to use the Facebook Page Plugin but as I cannot login, I could not test any widget for you.

Since I do not do Facebook, here's my relatively simple workaround:
    1. Create an object on the "MouseOff" layer. This can be a photo, a graphic, a Facebook Logo, a 'whatever you want' placeholder.
    2. Right mouse click on this object and select: "Web Properties..."
    3. Select the "Link to Web or Email address" and paste in this URL: https://www.facebook.com/larrykrausemusic
    Now when you click on your object (graphic/image/photo, etc.) you will go directly to your Facebook page.

I'm not sure what benefit the Facebook Widget Plugin provides, so I suspect someone who uses Facebook can add to this thread and demystify your widget issue.

Default Re: Facebook Widget problem WD10 generating link only

Thanks for your effort CQDX, I do appreciate that - but I found the answer way back in the support pages. The process will work from WD7 and on for anyone have difficulty. Following the instructions 'very' carefully I was able to solve the problem. I think newbies like me will forget to add 2 peices of code and not just one peice of code. There must be a header code, AND the body code. Here is the support link.

http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...-your-web-page

-Bill-
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.