Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Unwanted horizontal line

I am using WD 11 Premium. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I have noticed that each page of my website has a thin horizontal line running across it. It must have been there all along to people viewing with Windows 10, but it is not visible on PCs using Windows 7 or 8 and I can’t see it as I edit, or on web page preview.

My site is www.ithellcolquhoun.co.uk It is based on a template in Webpack 1. The line occurs at the junction of the lower edge of the repeating object in the mouse off layer and the page background. I think that the two must be slightly out of alignment. I can reproduce the problem in the template – and then get rid of it – but no matter how much I nudge the repeating object or the rectangle in the page background I can’t shift it on my site. Because I can’t see what effect my actions are having until I have re-uploaded, I am flying blind using trial and error. It is taking an age, and I am getting nowhere.

A diagnosis and, hopefully a prescription would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Unwanted horizontal line

Looking at your website, I have no idea what you are talking about!

Perhaps a screengrab to show the problem?

The only oddity I can see is this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oddity.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	111201  

Thanks for looking. Yes, that's the line. And its on all the other pages at exactly the same distance down from the top. So, for example, if you click on "the artist" tab, you will see the line about one third of the way down, a little way above the caption. Its in the same position on all the other pages.

I can't see it on any other pages.

How odd.
    Its definitely there on all pages when viewed on my laptop. Even odder, when I magnify a page. it remains visible to 150% but at 175% enlargement it becomes a thin almost imperceptible white line.

I could be totally wrong but looking at the images on the site I noticed that Image 14486.png has a 2 pixel line along the bottom of the image that is 100% transparent. Selecting all the images on the page I can see that image 14486 ends at he same location as your mystery line. I think the alpha may be slightly larger than the image. If you edit the image and remove the extra pixels it may correct the problem. The attached file ex14486.jpg is a 1600% enlargement of the lower right corner of the original, you can see the 2 pixel line at the bottom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Demo014.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	111206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14486.png.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	111207  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ex14486.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	111208  
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 17 December 2015 at 01:40 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks Mike for your suggestion. I am not sure how to edit the image, as it came as part of the template. You have correctly located the problem, and here is a screen shot of the enlarged portion of the home page that shows it

Name:	Screenshot 1.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	111209

the best I can do so far is adjust the dimensions of the repeating object or the rectangle that contains the lower part of the black frame, but all that does is make the offending line thicker, or turn it grey when the images overlap:

Name:	Screenshot 2.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	111210

I shall keep plugging away.

I cropped 2 pixels off the bottom of the image. Its in a zip because TG has a ridiculously small image attachment size restriction that will resize the image. Save your original, The normal disclaimer, try it at your own risk.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Having spent hours reading through forum posts and the manual, by fair means or foul I have turned the thin black line into an almost imperceptible thin white line. This is probably as good as I can manage. Time for my stress management exercises.