Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Audio player widgets

So WD10 Help points me to the Design Gallery / Page elements and widgets / Audio & Video in order to find players for audio (in this case MP3 files). It did so when I searched for Audio. As far as I can tell, there are no audio players listed there, only video player widgets. So sure, there are loads of free ones (in addtion to simply drag&dropping the MP3 on my webpage), but that is not what the Help File name ("Audio & Video") suggests. Are the Helpfiles actually updated when the content is changed in new versions?

So here's the project I am wanting some assistance with.
    I run a church website. Currently I am editing the Webpage for the sermons each week. I physically remove the last one (of eight) and add this week's at the top. The download or "listen to" is accomplisched with a button, which simply has a hyperlink to the MP3 file. I have to type the details (Sermon Title, Bible Reference, Date, name of preacher) next to the button each week.
    Is there any way to do that easier? More streamlined or automated? Like simply keeping the current 8 MP3 files in a directory and a list of playable/downloadable files is automatically generated on the webpage?
    I can use MAGIX Video deluxe 17 Plus or WavePad Sound Editor to edit and create the MP3, but don't immediately see any way to put any (or at least some) of that information in the file, like you get when you play a commercial MP3 on a computer or MP3 player. I don't have to list the date, but I want more than just the file name next to the play button or "player widget". Any suggestions?

David

Default Re: Audio player widgets

David I know exactly what you mean. I've found the best widgets for sound here. .. cincopa.com
    It's free for my purposes. There is a small watermark. It would depend upon how many megs you're going to use. You may check out my player here. larrykrause.ca/music.

There is a single button widget as well. All you do is copy the code given on the Cincopa.com website after your cut, or cuts are set up. I too did not find an mp3 player on the Xara selection of widgets. I'm sure you'll find something that works for you.
    Last edited by bwood; 15 December 2015 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Links
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Thanks, that was helpful. Cincopa has a nice player that works for what I want. Not quite the easy drag & drop that I had hoped for, but with the addition of descriptions and the date, I need to enter that personally anyway. Nice thing is, I don't need to do weekly uploads of the webpage, the player widget is updated automatically on the site whenever I change it. I don't have to create my own hyperlinks anymore. Definitely less fuss.
    Also, the chat function was EXTREMELY helpful and patiently helped me figure out what I was doing wrong.

BTW the "link" you gave to your site doesn't work (in Firefox at least) without ".htm" at the end. I figured out on my own that I needed to add www at the beginning. :-)

David

FWIW I have a free player for XWD on my site;

http://www.xdesigner360.com/free-pro...-designer.html

Thanks Naz - I was going to suggest yours too. I didn't know how advanced the OP was with a little code. You've done some work there. Greatly appreciated.
    -Bill-
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

I downloaded your player, Nazf355. I am already experimenting with one from cincopa.com, which they helped me figure out and then tweak to my own specs very nicely (great chat service - very impressed). I have some other audio playing needs, and will experiment with your player to see if it ends up being easier to keep up to date. Thanks.
    And as for how advance I (OP) am, Bill: just slightly above novice, but learning. Xara's WebDesign doesn't acutally confront me with "code", I am not even sure how to get to it in WebDesign OnLineWorld version 10. But if this player is just a drag & drop code, like the one from cincopa.com was, then I can actually handle that. :-)

David

Quote Originally Posted by DBoydNL View Post
    I downloaded your player, Nazf355. I am already experimenting with one from cincopa.com, which they helped me figure out and then tweak to my own specs very nicely (great chat service - very impressed). I have some other audio playing needs, and will experiment with your player to see if it ends up being easier to keep up to date. Thanks.
    And as for how advance I (OP) am, Bill: just slightly above novice, but learning. Xara's WebDesign doesn't acutally confront me with "code", I am not even sure how to get to it in WebDesign OnLineWorld version 10. But if this player is just a drag & drop code, like the one from cincopa.com was, then I can actually handle that. :-)

David
    DB just a note. That cincopa player will kick in a small FB like and Google link in about two weeks. It'll add about 50 pixels to the bottom of your placeholder. Watch for it and check your page in about 10 days.

Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Well, I have had to review my opinion of the Cincopa website and Audio Player. Never did see the FB logo Bill mentioned, but they did start telling me my traffic allotment was almost gone for the month. The files are about 11 MB each, there are only ever 8 of them available, they are not downloaded all that often, but they still disabled my player this weekend. So much for the "free player". Forget that!
    So I checked out yours. I am encountering a few problems. One is a mistake on your end, I think. The first player is not Soft Grouped. So your instruction to ungroup it led to some messing around, until I thought to check the black one on page two and discovered that it WAS Softgrouped. Okay, duh.
    I am using WebDesign 10 Online, which gives me an "Edit Widget" option when I click on the image of the player. I figured out that this is the same as your route.
    However, no matter how I get to Web Properties and Placeholder, the only option I see is "HTML Code (body)". According to your instructions, I need access to the "HTML Code (header)" section, but there honestly is no such option.

I am assuming that when I publish my WebDesign file, the audio files will be uploaded. Interestingly enough, my version of WD will not publish (that function is disabled - go figure!), so I have to go back to version 10 of P&GD in order to publish the file (that function has been stripped from verson 11 - really???). Will it upload all 8 files every week?

Now, I will be deleting the oldest of the 8 MP3 files and replacing that with this week's MP3 file. The oldest would be located at the bottom of the playlist, the newest at the top. How do I organize that with your setup, where the MP3 is linked to an unnumbered icon? Maybe I wouldn't need to ask this, if I could get to the HTML Code (header) section? Perhaps it is simply a matter of cutting the top one, pasting that at the bottom and then filling in the details?

I just had the brilliant idea (so I thought) of opening your jplayer.web file in P&GD10 to see if that makes a difference as far as getting to HTML Code (header), since WD10 (Online) has some limitations. But no, that didn't make any difference.

David