Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bas Relief

We all knew that you can make nice bas reliefs with Xara X...didn't we? So, I don't think a description of how I did it is necessary,right?
    Just thought you'd like to see this piece.

Bas..humbug, Bill

Sorry,all...didn't mean to ofend anyone. Do appreciate all comments and suggestions. I tried editing this but somehow it wouldn't delete the other one. I tried putting this one on and it kept going back to the first one. It said I couldn't delete when there are replys. So, that's why I posted No.2. But I was able to get this one posted so I'll delete No.2. I'm just trying to stay wihtin Xara X. I've worked with cool filters..some are nice, others no. The piece that Gary posted is very nice. I've used that filter. However, I want to continue to explore Xara X's potentials. Please help me do that, Gary. Thank You!

Have a good one...Bil

OK, guys....let's take a good look at this recently posted 'relief'. Tell me...do you see 'hidden monsters' or do you see a nice soft Xararian Bas Relief of an orchid. Gary, you're an honest guy....tell me the truth! Geeee whizzzz...I don't come down hard like the Planter guy, do I?

Have a cool one...Bill Cleggg

[This message was edited by William R.Clegg on April 24, 2001 at 03:55 AM.

[This message was edited by William R.Clegg on April 24, 2001 at 08:52 AM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bas_reliefxx.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	14287  

We all knew that you can make nice bas reliefs with Xara X...didn't we? So, I don't think a description of how I did it is necessary,right?
    Just thought you'd like to see this piece.

Bas..humbug, Bill

Sorry,all...didn't mean to ofend anyone. Do appreciate all comments and suggestions. I tried editing this but somehow it wouldn't delete the other one. I tried putting this one on and it kept going back to the first one. It said I couldn't delete when there are replys. So, that's why I posted No.2. But I was able to get this one posted so I'll delete No.2. I'm just trying to stay wihtin Xara X. I've worked with cool filters..some are nice, others no. The piece that Gary posted is very nice. I've used that filter. However, I want to continue to explore Xara X's potentials. Please help me do that, Gary. Thank You!

Have a good one...Bil

OK, guys....let's take a good look at this recently posted 'relief'. Tell me...do you see 'hidden monsters' or do you see a nice soft Xararian Bas Relief of an orchid. Gary, you're an honest guy....tell me the truth! Geeee whizzzz...I don't come down hard like the Planter guy, do I?

Have a cool one...Bill Cleggg

[This message was edited by William R.Clegg on April 24, 2001 at 03:55 AM.

[This message was edited by William R.Clegg on April 24, 2001 at 08:52 AM.]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hi Bill - Is that the same flower you used to make the brush for your sketch portrait?

This bas relief would probably look great as a repeating tile background for a website. It has a very soft soothing look. Was it done with a filter?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I'm glad you told us what it was, Bill. I would not want to embarrass myself by guessing what kinds of Freudian images I see lurking in there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Actually I would have used Shareware Page -- Sean's Emboss Filter Plug-in in the to achieve that effect.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

Name:	embossed_gary.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	524  

But your image seems to have different levels of depth to it - no? I would love to know how it was done, if it's not to much trouble? I don't think a filter was used because it looks so "soft?"

If it is a filter - point the way!

Risto

I'm confused big time!!! At the time I write this Bill has managed to replace his attachment without the forum software indicating the edit.(My reply above wasn't refering to the much larger image I now see).

Also Gary seems to be responding to info from Bill that doesn't appear for me. Also the image now appearing is clearly a flower. (Even Gary can see that. In the earlier image it wasn't so obvious).

Maybe I've had too much beer...

Regards, Ross

Gary - Who is that god-like figure?

Regards, Ross

Thanks for feedback,gang. I didn't realize it would hurt feelings for not being up to snuff.Sorry. I want to try to stay 100% Xara X. I could have used any juicy filter to do it. However, I went back to see if I could bring it up to standards. I couldn't delete messaget etc.It won't allow it when there are 'replies'posted. So,I posted a no.2. Check it out gang...feedback please. Tell me the truth..can't we do reliefs in Xara X without cool filters? I know it can be pushed even further. So, I'll probably be back with another with hidden monsters therein.
    Bill Cleg

Gosh - now Bill's image is gone from this thread and still no editing notice. I suspect Bill had something to do with this. I do see he's started a new thread featuring the second image that appeared here earlier. You can find it here.

Regards, Ross

Edit - Bill beat me in posting [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] His post above this one wasn't here when I started this reply.

Ross, thanks for your comments. I tried to edit the whole thing but it told me I can't delete when there are replys posted. So, I had to re-post with a NO.2. I try to stay within XARA X. I have some older pieces done with some cool filters, however since I've become a Xaraian fan, I try to explode that program. If I start playing around with filters etc.I feel I would be pulling away from Xara. I think filter work has it's place...I've used them. Yet I don't feel that the piece reflects a more truer hands-on creative work. I'm attaching a piece (Africa). The border of the thing was done in Xara 100%. I could have used a Photo Edge...but I didn't. I used my digital pad/stylus and did it. Now I know how to make a fragmented edge using Xara. The word Africa was created from scratch. I couldn't find a font to Shape it etc. with the effect I got by doing it by hand. Now I know how to do a font with out spending 100 hrs looking for an appropiate given font.
    The Bas Relief no.2, I feel gives all a better conception as the possiblities. I didn't really mean to hide "monsters" within. Sorry.

Bas..humbug.
    Bill Cleg

Name:	africa2.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	165.2 KB 
ID:	9808