Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Youtube video on a closed layer keeps playing. Is there a fix?

I made a layer that shows up by clickin a button. On that layer I have embedded Youtube video. If you click play on the video, but decide to close the layer the sound from the Youtube video keeps playing.

Is there a way to get rid of this problem? I would really like to use layers to have youtube videos, but it's not so convenient for the user because they would need to stop the youtube video manually by themselves before closing the layer. And 99% user will only close the layer and wonder why the audio from the video is still playing and get annoyed.

Thanks!

Default Re: Youtube video on a closed layer keeps playing. Is there a fix?

Folks,
    I know this is an old post but I'm replying to this to see if anyone has an answer.
    I have a video on a layer with a custom close layer button. I can close the layer with the button or the default close 'X' but the video will continue playing in the background. Is there anyway to have the video stop when the layer closes?

Thanks all,

I'm sure one of the members will suggest a script. Check back.

Set your pop-up layers NOT to close automatically. Xara then creates an X close icon, which must be clicked to close the pop-up. This stops the audio as well. Let's know if this works?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for responding Gary and Egg,
    When the layer closes either with the little X or via a trigger (popup: close) the audio/video continues to play in the background. The X or trigger seems to just close the layer while allowing the video to continue. The video added is 'Not played automatically on page load', thus the user must click the play button. This is because the video's will start, not with the layer loading but the webpage. So all video's will play upon page load.

It's not a major issue, but it is a bit unprofessional / unpolished for the finished webpage to not have a way to close layer and stop the media with the same click.

I was hoping that someone knew the command Xara is using when the stop button is selected and that command can be invoked. It could also be part of the player and then not accessible as a usable command.

But I thought it was worth the ask.

Hi again Thev,

Does the attached xar not do what you want?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host