Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Update corrupt?

Default Update corrupt?

Hi, just tried to update WD11p, in response to a message from Xara, but am then advised that "the update has been checked and is corrupt" and that the update has been cancelled. I've tried a few times but with same result? Guess this has happened to others, but don't see any reference as yet, Thanks, Rikko

Default Re: Update corrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by rikkoshea View Post
    Hi, just tried to update WD11p, in response to a message from Xara, but am then advised that "the update has been checked and is corrupt" and that the update has been cancelled. I've tried a few times but with same result? Guess this has happened to others, but don't see any reference as yet, Thanks, Rikko
    Rikko, Xara is reporting a server fault that should be fixed presently,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn, will try later

Me too. It's 4:55pm now and still no go. It would cause less wasted time and digital anguish if the message was changed to "We are experiencing difficulties, please try again later"... or maybe even suspending the auto-updates until the server has recovered

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

It's 10:39 Pacific Standard Time and I've just successfully done the update so it maybe fixed now I did have to use the help> check for updates route as it didn't automatically pick up the update but all went well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Had the same issue yesteday, but it successfully installed this morning 6:15 EST.
    Glenn

It is 9:57 a.m. (GMT-5) here in Massachusetts on Friday, 2015-Dec-11 and I have multiple times experiernced this as well: "the update has been checked and is corrupt". It is not working for me, either by the auto-check for updates or by my manually checking for updates. In fact, after the first error message I manually checked for an update and was told my "Xara Designer Pro X 11.2.4.41531 DL x64 Nov 4 2015" version is up to date!!

At this point, I don't trust an update declaring itself as being corrupt and will hold off for now.

It's 6:45am here in the Antipodes and I'm now on version 11.2.5.42127. It was a quick download and lightning fast install.

A thought just occurred to me - I'll bet that when XDP11 is very, very, very slow to start up it's that same sluggish server that's the cause. I think the server needs an update!

Quote Originally Posted by CQDX View Post
    It is 9:57 a.m. (GMT-5) here in Massachusetts on Friday, 2015-Dec-11 and I have multiple times experiernced this as well: "the update has been checked and is corrupt". It is not working for me, either by the auto-check for updates or by my manually checking for updates. In fact, after the first error message I manually checked for an update and was told my "Xara Designer Pro X 11.2.4.41531 DL x64 Nov 4 2015" version is up to date!!

At this point, I don't trust an update declaring itself as being corrupt and will hold off for now.
    So I tried once more to download over the past several days and could not. Woke up this a.m. and success! Finally it worked!