Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Transparent images

I created a simple transparent image in paint.net using their magic wand, etc. A basic shape to test transparency. It is a square image and the white background is transparent. It is a png image.

When this image is placed on the page during design, it looks transparent as it goes over other images and the background.

However when i preview it, the white background is not transparent and is seen over the background image, etc.

I tried publishing it and testing off my computer and the same thing happens.

Any idea why this may be happening? I just started using Web Designed Premium 11.....a lot has changed since Frontpage, lol, but the transparency tool in Frontpage was fantastic.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Transparent images

maybe try....right click on the image and go to Web Properties>Image tab and under Image Type select png instead of the default Let Xara Decide

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I created a simple graphic in WD11 and one has a transparent background.

If your image is not appearing with the transparent background then select the bitmap, and from the Utilities menu, select Optimize Photo(s).

Use the settings shown in my screen capture.

Most of the time, WD will recognize the type of photo and export it as such. But if not, then use the Optimize feature.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opaque and transparent.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	111102   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	optimize.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	111103  

Thanks I tried it but it didn't work. Is there someplace I can download and image with a transparent background and test it, in case I did something wrong when making it? Or can you e-mail me one if you have one?

Thanks I tried it but it didn't work. Is there someplace I can download and image with a transparent background and test it, in case I did something wrong when making it? Or can you e-mail me one if you have one? .....

What color background is your page?

Try this image. It will work over any color background.

Arg! The image loses transparency when I attach it. Use the image in the ZIP file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test True Color.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	111123  
    Attached Files Attached Files

My guess is that you are exporting the whole page (with background), when you should be selecting the image elements and exporting those (and not the page background).

Sorry but I don't understand why that would matter when again the image is transparent when in design mode but turns solid when just using the preview button.

I think you're going to need to post an attachment with an example xar file showing your issue.