Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Creating Forms and Xara Web exports

Quote Originally Posted by restless View Post
    We have been using MachForms for a few years now. It cost $59, and you host it on your own server - php and mysqul. We use it to accept registrations and payments for our seminars. We searched for a long time for a decent event registration system that didn't cost a lot of money, and never found anything even close to what we can do with MachForms. We use it for normal contact forms too. It gives you the option of 3 kinds of code to insert into your web page, so if one type doesn't work on mobile, you can use another. We use an iFrame, which is very easy to insert into Xara. You can check it out at www.appnitro.com (this is not an affiliate link - just a very happy customer).
    Their product seems much more balanced, I like its feature list (MailChimp, multi-page forms, PayPal, WordPress, electronic signature, ...)
    Thank you for sharing,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Creating Forms and Xara Webg exports

I am very new to Xara this week only have moved over from Serif webplus because they do not create responsive sites and have no plans to do so? but they do have a very good form creator built in to its program must say I miss this with no ads was so simple to use too email based via their web resources sorry if I am not allowed to mention their name here please delete if so

because they do not create responsive sites

Nether does Xara! Xara software creates adaptive sites (as in adapting to different browser widths).

Default Re: Creating Forms and Xara Web exports

Oops... I meant to mention: If you want to see the Seminar Registration form we created - which lets people add additional attendees, choose the location of the seminar and displays a price list for that specific location, etc. - you can see it at SilvaSeminars.com/reg.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Hollieskid View Post
    I am very new to Xara this week only have moved over from Serif webplus because they do not create responsive sites and have no plans to do so? but they do have a very good form creator built in to its program must say I miss this with no ads was so simple to use too email based via their web resources sorry if I am not allowed to mention their name here please delete if so
    Welcome to TalkGraphics. We welcome references to other software so you're fine. Forms hosted in your own site typically need to have an ISP that supports PHP and a database, e.g., MySQL. I have achieved similar using the REBOL language and flat files. It could be done in JavaScript alone. Xara's epitome is around a graphics-driven design where coding is minimised. Setting up a forms engine (needing email as well0 is moving away form this simplicity.Widgets to include third party web solutions are always going to be a compromise. One can pick a CMS (Joomla, WordPress, ...) and benefit from their vast community support and use Xara's products to deliver great graphics.

A hard choice,
    Acorn

P.S. Do both.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you for the reply but as a newbee to web design PHP e.g. is way above my pay grade which is why I found it all so easy in Serif no need for anything else

OK I got it wrong adaptive sites is far better than redirecting from a desktop site to a made up mobile site. but thank you anyway.