Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Index file problem - "This page has not been exported yet"

Yesterday we updated a webpage in Xara, and now the site won't load. This is what displays on PC's: "This page has not been exported yet. "

Cell phones/mobiles display the following:
    "Forbidden. You don't have permission to access / on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle this request. Apache server at Port 80."

The "downforeveryoneorjustforme" site says the site is just down for me, but it's down for everyone.

An online technician checked the Xara subfolder and thinks the problem is due to one or more index files; says there should only be one index file and thinks there is a coding error in an index file.

Has anyone had this problem and if so, please advise how to fix it. For example, is there some code that needs removing? If so, we wonder how to avoid this with future updates.

We are using an older version of Xara, MX. Could that be a factor?

Thanks.

Default Re: Index file problem - "This page has not been exported yet"

OK Here are a few things to check. If you duplicate the Home (index) page and do not rename it, I think it gets renamed index-1. Duplicate the page again and it gets renamed index-2. So check the Page & Layout Gallery and make sure this is not happening. If you have an About Us page, for example, change the page name to about-us.

Make sure you publish the whole site, even if you have only made changes to one page.

Browsers automatically look to see if there is an index file if all you key in is the domain name, e.g. mysite.com If the browser finds two index files, index.htm and index.html it will load the .html file, even if the .htm file is newer.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Make sure you publish the whole site, even if you have only made changes to one page.
    Appreciate the info :-) We only uploaded the changed pages, so publishing the whole site might help. We are curious, though . . . why is it necessary to upload the whole site (despite there being a option to only upload changed pages)?

Many thanks.

When you make changes, Xara often renumbers the images and changes the HTML script.

I am not sure if WD 6 has this publish option, but if so, select Fast Publish (Only Changed Files). This will publish only what has been changed.

Laurie,

"This page has not been exported yet. "
    As far as I'm aware the above message is only displayed on Xara's preview. You often get this if you click on the single Preview Current Web Page icon instead of the Preview Whole Website icon.

In a browser loading the site from a server would give a 404 error, not the one above.

So it sounds to me like you're trying to view a site on your desktop from your mobile. ???
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    As far as I'm aware the above message is only displayed on Xara's preview. You often get this if you click on the single Preview Current Web Page icon instead of the Preview Whole Website icon.

In a browser loading the site from a server would give a 404 error, not the one above.

So it sounds to me like you're trying to view a site on your desktop from your mobile. ???
    Hello there. Nope, "This page has not been exported yet" is what displays on PC's. If it's not against forum rules to post the link in question, let me know and I'll post it here. Thanks.

No, go ahead and post the link.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    No, go ahead and post the link.
    Here it is http://www.undutchables.com/ (if against forum rules, apologies).

Looking at the page source, you're site has an index file containing the Page not exported yet text.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7"/>
    <meta name="XAR Files" content="index_htm_files/xr_files.txt"/>
    <title>Xara message.</title>
    <meta name="Generator" content="Xara HTML filter v.5.0.1.979"/>
    </head>
    <body>
    This page has not been exported yet.
    <br />
    <a href="javascript:history.go(-1)">Return</a>
    </body>
    </html>
    Can you attach your xar / web file?
    Egg

Page displaying on my Mac/FireFox. Clearly a work in progress. The menu link mouseover has problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	undutchables.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	111158