Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Middle Wisconsin... just 80 miles from the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field

Default Reducing Space Above Header Logo

Having an extraordinary problem adjusting my too tall (ScreenShot012) site page height. Didn’t have this problem in Expressions Web using their master page… but I digress.

I’ve attempted to make the required adjustment as described in pages 62-63 of the PDF manual, previous forum suggestions by Moderator Emeritus gwpriester and Moderator Acorn… all to no avail.

I have successfully made the adjustments in another test Designs gallery > Website themes based page… BUT not the Website themes based page I’ve chosen to start with.

I believe the theme I’m working with may have had a very large graphic in the header area or perhaps some sort of slider. I left the large area alone while I developed the site thinking I may need the space… that never panned out. Now I would like to reduce it by 23 pixels or so.

As stated above, I’ve moved my 0,0 point to where I want, but when previewed (ScreenShot001)… nothing occurs.. continues to look like ScreenShot012. Upon looking more carefully the original designer had 2 rectangles in the page background (ScreenShot011)… one filled with nothing and one filled with white on top of the former. Attempting to change the size of the one filled with nothing has proved fruitless and very frustrating. (NOTE: In ScreenShot001 the note "My thin line" refers to one of gwpriester's suggestions (http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ve-header-logo.))

Equally frustrating is attempting to save a single page of the website to post as an example to dissect by those that are really smart in DPx11 if asked for.

Bottom line, am I snookered? If yes, perhaps snockered is to come if 32 individual pages require total rebuild!

Thanks all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot011.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	111066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot012.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	111067  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot001.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	111065  

Default Re: Reducing Space Above Header Logo

Alter number accordingly and put this in the head section ... Utilities>>Website>>HTML code [head]

<style>
    #xr_xr {
    margin-top: 16px;
    }
    </style>
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Middle Wisconsin... just 80 miles from the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    Alter number accordingly and put this in the head section ... Utilities>>Website>>HTML code [head]

<style>
    #xr_xr {
    margin-top: 16px;
    }
    </style>
    Thanks for the code... but... it didn't play. Tried several variations of the XXpx... nothing. Additional research here seems to indicate that perhaps having "variations" in play may cause it inert.

Truly appreciate your reply.

R Duane

I have moved this to the Xara Web Design Forum

With a copy of your design (.xar / .web) file open on one page and on the page right-click, select Page Background > Reset. Do the same on the Pasteboard > Reset.
    You'll probably need to do this on each Variant.

Again right-click and select Page Options...
    Check what the Lock page size setting is.

If the design is a Supersite, change it to a conventional one.

Delete your Variants.

I emphasise, work on a copy. rename the copy as well so you don't lose any original Backups.

To create a single page example: with another copy, delete all the other pages. Post the single page copy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

That zeroing way does work but I found that it needs to be done before anything else. It won't work in retrospect. I think you're probably right in saying the variants are throwing a spanner in the works.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64